Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Renegade 1.3
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! Recently bought a 2021 Renegade Longitude 1.3 (in Europe) and was quite surprised that there are several pieces of fenders and seals missing under the hood.
My dealer says "it's how they got them (cars)", but it's still hard to believe in total absence of protection against dust in the car...
Would be grateful if someone could advise on whether these parts come in stock.
Thanks in advance!

Missing parts:

68255311AA
68255573AA

P.S. Engine cover is also missing but there is a topic in this forum where the conclusion has been reached that it's how it is now from 2021 (approx).

Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Bumper
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive air manifold Hood Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
3,260 Posts
I argued my case that I had 2 rubber stoppers when indeed there was only 1.

Only when I went to photograph it was I stunned to find one.

More to the point though! If you search the forum you will find your question was answered afterall the Jeep has been around for many years and I bet you are not the first person to think you have a fault.

·
Super Moderator
2,181 Posts
Only one stop on my 2016/17.
But two rubber seal strips to left and right of the bonnet latch lever on the slam panel.
(Or are they on the underside of the bonnet now ... ?)

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
What about the soft glossy long vertical foam piece behind the front door hinges to fill the fender gap? Got em?

My ‘15 was sold to me without a belly pan under the engine.

sometimes the dealer pilfer things for other renegades. Go claim what you paid for!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Second look.
The Rene 1.3 has so much hot objects up now at the top (primary catalyst, the headlight heat sinks, and suffering plastic engine head) that heat extraction now include removing the top underhood air too.

I've one of the 1.4L turbo engines, we need time with the 1.3 to gain more of a knowledge base of the changes made.

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Renegade 1.3
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What about the soft glossy long vertical foam piece behind the front door hinges to fill the fender gap? Got em?

My ‘15 was sold to me without a belly pan under the engine.

sometimes the dealer pilfer things for other renegades. Go claim what you paid for!
I do have these glossy bits, but no belly pan same as in your case.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Well that’s good. Don’t be in a hurry to install a belly pan. I installed one and was convinced it caused an impaction of incoming air thru the lower grill and was the cause of variable rumbling from trapped airflow. As soon as I removed the pan, back to smooth as silk above 50mph. Go figure.

I’ve software now to monitor air charge temp thru intercooler but I’m battling bigger things right now. Grrr, maybe I can get a baseline intercooler air temp with the pan off tomorrow. It’s not your issue but might be fun if I can log some belly pan data.
HTH.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.