Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anybody going to the 'Epic Live Driving Experience' from Friday 1st April to Sunday 3rd April?

I had email from Jeep and booked my slot for 1730 hrs on the Sunday.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There ain't many slots left. We can't do Saturday so we are going on Sunday. I think Friday is fully booked. I will take some piccies and report back after the event.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bit of a time difference between yours and mine. I'll have me other half and daughter with me. I get them to take photos while I am driving. As both will be on the back seat, I will have photos from both sides. I wonder if I will be allowed to video it?

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not long got home from this event.

Never been to Bicester before and this was held at the 'Heritage Centre' which is an old army/air force base.

After registering my details and signing a disclaimer that I have no medical condition(s) that would affect me before or after the course, I was let loose. Well almost. Shown to my 4x4 Renegade and instructor. The instructor explained what the marshall's signals meant and we were off.

The first part were ramps/obstacles/seesaw outside. It felt strange not watching where I was pointing the wheels, as I was watching the marshall's signals. First time I have ever been on a forty five degree angle in a vehicle, over several ramps and it was kinda strange. Watching the marshall seemed to come naturally, as though I had done it before. I know the marshalls are trained and know what they are doing, but I felt at ease and let them guide me.

The second part was in an old hangar. This was the 'Mission Renegade' bit. In we went. A fone call was made to the Renegade and did the driver understand, which I did. My daughter Stacey took care of the photos and the code that was needed to complete the mission after the obstacle challenges. Driving through a water trough, over stones, tyres were all a doddle, thanks to the 4x4's electronic wizardry. One challenge was the 'bridge' which was a good height. Unfortunately I wasn't able to look down, as I was busy concentrating on the marshall's gesture. Descending the bridge was the first time in anything that had hill descent control. That was awesome!
At the end of the course was one of the cars that was used by batman in the film. Cost over $1,000,000 and two were used. They were powered by Jeep engines. I couldn't get over the size of the car, it was massive. A Renegade was next to it and looked a bit small!

Guess what, I was able to go and do it again! Whoop whoop! My daughter's words were, "my dad is like a kid at xmas." She wasn't wrong.

When I change vehicles in March 2019, I want a 4x4 Renegade now. I was going for another fwd one, but after today I want a 4x4 one.

I'm glad I went and I hope that Jeep do another event like this again in the future.

Pics to follow as I haven't uploaded them yet.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here pics from today's event. I was hoping that Stacey may have been able to take more shots of the obstacles, but hey ho.

How come some of the pics aren't the right way up?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The code was needed to 'find the lost Batmobile'. The code 1,9,4,1 was given and we 'discovered' the Batmobile. The photos were taken by Jeep and put on their facebook site. I don't do facebook, never interested me, but my daughter does and it was her who downloaded the photo for us. We had three taken, one each and one with the two of us. I did ask how to hot wire the Batmobile, but got no response. Would have liked to give it a spin, but at over $1,000,000 a pop, I have more chance of nailing blancmange to a ceiling.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.