Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I've got a Renegade Sport (4x2) that I am looking to mod. I think I will stay away from lift kits and mud tires because I don't want to come off as a poseur. If I had a 4WD version then I would definitely go for it.

Still, I want to make it my own little by little. When I find OEM roof rails from a totaled Rene, those are definitely going in. When I get to the point when I have to do my first tire change I'll also swap the steelies for something nicer. Maybe one day I'll also upgrade to the trail hawk bumper since I think it looks better. Would it be possible to make the red tow-hook functional?

Aside from that, I don't know where to begin. My Rene is colored granite crystal metallic, with black steelies and of course black everything else. It currently has no graphics on it... What color would best suit it for the hood graphic the dealer sells?

I'm also considering plastidipping some of the black plastic around the Jeep, but have yet to decide on a color and how far to take it. At first I thought about going with red, but then, since I want to also dip the black plastic around the taillights, I have chosen against it.

I saw a picture of an anvil trail hawk with orange accents all around it.

Tl;dr
Best color for hood graphics on granite crystal Rene?
What color to dip the black plastics around the car and how far to take it?

·
Registered
263 Posts
I say do it on the plati dip, did mine and it turned out pretty sweet. Hood Decals is an owners opinion. I want a black matte similar to trailhawk, but I also have seen those decals bake onto cars in heat, and ruin paint jobs.

As far as mods, If I had a sport 2wd I would put the Jeep lowering kit on it, Straight pipe the exhaust from the cat back, Madness ECM, and some sort of blow off upgrade. Now your rocking a High horsepower Abarth that can actually carry cargo and people. Boom!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I say do it on the plati dip, did mine and it turned out pretty sweet. Hood Decals is an owners opinion. I want a black matte similar to trailhawk, but I also have seen those decals bake onto cars in heat, and ruin paint jobs.

As far as mods, If I had a sport 2wd I would put the Jeep lowering kit on it, Straight pipe the exhaust from the cat back, Madness ECM, and some sort of blow off upgrade. Now your rocking a High horsepower Abarth that can actually carry cargo and people. Boom!
Hmm, then maybe no in the decals. I live in Puerto Rico where it is hot all year round.

I didn't know we had performance mod options. I will definitely do those except for the lowering kits. We have moon surface roads here.

Could you show me a picture of your dip job?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hmm, then maybe no in the decals. I live in Puerto Rico where it is hot all year round.

I didn't know we had performance mod options. I will definitely do those except for the lowering kits. We have moon surface roads here.

Could you show me a picture of your dip job?
Will get picks later today. Check madness autoworks. Guys specialize in FCA and Smart cars. Awesome shop that only sells good products.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I want a black matte similar to trailhawk, but I also have seen those decals bake onto cars in heat, and ruin paint jobs.
If you don't know what you're talking about don't spread crap like this. Decals don't bake onto paint and ruin it. The decal will become brittle over time in direct sunlight and extreme heat and will need replaced. The only harm it will do to paint is protect the paint it is covering and the rest will gradually fade from being unprotected.

·
Registered
263 Posts
If you don't know what you're talking about don't spread crap like this. Decals don't bake onto paint and ruin it. The decal will become brittle over time in direct sunlight and extreme heat and will need replaced. The only harm it will do to paint is protect the paint it is covering and the rest will gradually fade from being unprotected.
Oh yeah? But what happens to the glue from said brittle sticker? Also mind you how easily does brittle sticker remove once its cracking up? If you dont think this has an effect on the clear coat you are fooling yourself.

Reactions: ODGreenFifteen

·
Registered
116 Posts
This.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm getting the feeling no Madness ECM is available for the 2.4 tigershark, which is what I have. The 1.4 Turbo isn't sold where I live.
Bummer. Hmmmm matter of time for a tune to show up for the 2.4L Check the dart forums, they might be able to steer you right.

So if I was in your shoes, Exhaust, Cold Air intake, find a tune. This also means you have the 9 spd auto. I have heard rumors some companies are in the process of testing a tune for this transmission. Probably involves different shift points or behaviors based on the mods done to the car. Something else to research

·
Registered
70 Posts
Oh yeah? But what happens to the glue from said brittle sticker? Also mind you how easily does brittle sticker remove once its cracking up? If you dont think this has an effect on the clear coat you are fooling yourself.
The sticker is not bad to remove, it does take YEARS of extreme exposure to even make it brittle. Adhesive remover takes the glue off in seconds and it DOES NOT damage the clear. You are fooling yourself. I have been through Tech School and professional repaired cars for years. Please stop acting like you know what you are talking about.

·
Registered
263 Posts
The sticker is not bad to remove, it does take YEARS of extreme exposure to even make it brittle. Adhesive remover takes the glue off in seconds and it DOES NOT damage the clear. You are fooling yourself. I have been through Tech School and professional repaired cars for years. Please stop acting like you know what you are talking about.
No You're a towell.

Reactions: ODGreenFifteen

·
Registered
263 Posts
different engine setup. The ole Apples to oranges discussion.

So what the 2.4L uncorked will give you a nice baritone sounds depending on the manufacturer and design of the exhaust. My experience when adding a exhaust to a 4 banger naturally aspirated engine is it will sound miles more throaty. Only possible issues is they can get loud, or have a droning sound at cruising speeds. But both those issues are dependent on the driver. On the plus side a less corked exhaust will allow the engine to breath better and will give it a nice growl. Does Borla make one for you guys? I have always been a fan of their products.

The 1.4L is cake unless you want it to look or sound fancy. Basically unbolt original exhaust from the cat back, and have a exhaust shop fab you up a 2.5" straight pipe to the rear using factory hanger points. One of the forums original members, his youtube videos sold me. Made his Jeep sound savage.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.