Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a couple of months into the last year on my Fiesta lease and the Renegade is currently at the top of my list for my next car. I'll probably be buying in March 2017 so I was wondering if anyone knew how Jeep's ordering process goes on how late you can order a 2017 model versus having to wait for a 2018. I figure I'm going to have to order one if I go with a Renegade since I've never found anything close to what I want anywhere near me (Loaded 4x4 Lattitude with MySky and MT). Thanks for any help.

Mike

·
Registered
214 Posts
Can't answer you actual question (sorry), but have you used Jeep's online inventory search? It is pretty good at finding what you're looking for. I was able to find a Latitude in the configuration you're looking for without too much trouble in my area (Chicago). Good luck!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Unfortunately the dealers that we tried to work with had no idea how long it took to order one, nor when the cutoff period was. On some of the various forums some members have talked about ordering a 2015MY and receiving a 2016MY because of how late they ordered, don't know if that was an automatic switchover or not.

You should talk with your preferred dealership, or if nothing good comes from that, there's probably a way to call Chrysler.

·
Registered
263 Posts
March 2017 order date? You will for sure still be in the 2017 run. Turn around has not been that long and model year change usually occurs in August.

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
I'm a couple of months into the last year on my Fiesta lease and the Renegade is currently at the top of my list for my next car. I'll probably be buying in March 2017 so I was wondering if anyone knew how Jeep's ordering process goes on how late you can order a 2017 model versus having to wait for a 2018. I figure I'm going to have to order one if I go with a Renegade since I've never found anything close to what I want anywhere near me (Loaded 4x4 Lattitude with MySky and MT). Thanks for any help.

Mike
The model switch happend sometime in October. Based on performance so far, if you want to 100% get your ordered 17, you'd need to order 6 months before, so April some time. Which is about in line with my experience with other import makes for when they shut down new orders.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
6 months? Yikes. That's going to be tough to manage with a lease being up. Well, I guess I'll have to see which dealer will hunt for what I want the most. At least I'm not too set on a color.
I'm going to cross shop with a Crosstrek but that thing really isn't exciting me. I just checked out a Ford C-Max last week but it was a big yawn and too expensive.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Other previous owners have said their special orders take ~6 months as well. You may already know this, but just in case you don't, the Latitude can only go so "loaded" when equipped with a manual transmission. The only packages you can get are Cold Weaker Package and UConnect 6.5" w/ navigation; the only options you can get are roof options ($495 to be painted black; $1095 for fixed/removable MySky; $1495 for retractable/removable MySky) and a 6.1 Beats Audio. All other options and packages forces the 2.4/9spd.

Seems like the "500 W 9 speaker" audio is no longer available.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Buying a custom ordered 2017 in March, 2017 puts you at November, 2016 to place your order (average four months). New custom order 2017s should be available for order mid-August, 2016 with delivery in December, 2016. Last month of 2016 production should be September, 2016. First month of 2017 production should be October, 2016.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll bug the dealers when I test-drive a MT Renegade this summer (hopefully I like it because the specs seem great to me). I just hope they don't change the feature selections too much for 2017 so I can still get a MT with the Cold Weather Package and Power MySky. I didn't realize that the base Connect came with Sirius so I don't need the bigger one any longer.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'd highly recommend the 5.0 stereo. I really like the features (XM, backup camera, bluetooth connections) and have had no real issues. Sirius/XM works just fine.

I'm biased, of course, since I have the package you are looking for (MT w/ cold weather and power MySky), and can say that I absolutely love it. The cold weather features are great, and now that it's warm, the MySky has been awesome. Good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.