Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Followed this guide starting in Central City (so backwards from how it's written). Took my ex boyfriend with me, we both needed to get out of the city and away from chaos by introducing nature chaos!

Siouxie did incredibly well! I checked her the next day all around and only have cosmetic damage, but it was well worth pushing both our limits. Ross got out a few times to spot me and did an amazing job, we were both truly impressed with the obstacles we were able to clear! I wish I took more pictures and sadly do not have my new GoPro yet, especially because I doubt I'll be doing anything this difficult again until I do a few of my upgrades which could be next summer or possibly the summer after that. For the time being, I'll be using her for the main purpose of getting to better camping spots, hiking trailheads, and handling snow.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Oh dang! Some decent battle scars already! That place looks like a lot of fun. Wish we had something like that around here. I just end up finding unmarked roads and trails to explore. Never know where I'm going to end up (that's half the fun I suppose). Have you looked into bumpers? That's my next big investment. Avid has some that really give you some better angles for entry and exit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh dang! Some decent battle scars already! That place looks like a lot of fun. Wish we had something like that around here. I just end up finding unmarked roads and trails to explore. Never know where I'm going to end up (that's half the fun I suppose). Have you looked into bumpers? That's my next big investment. Avid has some that really give you some better angles for entry and exit.
Yes, I am still deciding if I want a wench or not, so that's something I want to figure out but definitely this experience let me know I for sure want a bull bar or some other bumper/grill protection lol.

Here's a good bit of the trail I did and what I was working with for about 2-3 hours

·
Registered
2015, Jeep, Renegade
29 Posts
Wow that looks awesome! I wish I could take my Rene on some trails like that!!

One thing i'll definitely have to do is come up to CO during the winter and see how she does!

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Yes, I am still deciding if I want a wench or not
Ahh Milla I so want that as well. Just imagine the fun she could give me. :love: Oh sorry a winch as well. I need to stop this line of thinking as a winch is snog/kiss in the UK :ROFLMAO:

Ok, teasing time over.

It looks like you have had some pretty expensive fun but credit to you. It's all too easy to complain about how you damaged the Jeep and how to get it fixed but you have basically just laughed it all off. The old adage is quite true in that if you are not laughing you would be crying. (y)(y)(y)

I am crying if a sparrow as much as drops its little sh1t droplets on my Jeep:cry::cry: never mind getting a scratch.

Upgrades for Siouxie I forecast will be available to you sooner rather than later. You have just been bitten by the Jeep bug :D:D:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Already replaced the door handle, found the perfect part on ebay, great condition. Got a replacement headlight but missing the right torx head size to replace it, so doing that tomorrow! $150 all in all, so I'm not mad. I'd like to see if I can bend the metal around the headlight back, I know I can't get it perfect, but it'd be nice to try to get it looking a little better.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Great job on that trail. The Renegades don't always get the credit they deserve. I hope you post some videos when you get the GoPro set up, videos of Renegades on the trail are great. Looking forward to your next adventure and keep us posted on your upgrades.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Credit again to you Milla. How many of us would end up visting a garage or dealership to get parts replaced and then get ripped off by over inflated prices?

Whereas you have dealt with issue face on and in a very timely manner. I salute you and know that you won't be like others that sit around wondering what a Jeep can do other than climb a kerb on the school run (y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
570 Posts
Back when I had a "real Jeep", my 1954 Willys M38A1, I used to thrash the snot out of it, simply because "it's a Jeep !!". But on those Jeeps, the only plastic was the tail light lenses. The only time it got washed was when it rained, because "it's a Jeep !!". Nowadays, I think modern Jeeps have more plastic than metal, I guess that's progress....

It looks like the only damage on your Jeep was plastic. Somewhat easy to replace, but doubtful it's cheap.

But kudos for you having the right frame of mind, "it's a Jeep !!" and don't mind thrashing it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Back when I had a "real Jeep", my 1954 Willys M38A1, I used to thrash the snot out of it, simply because "it's a Jeep !!". But on those Jeeps, the only plastic was the tail light lenses. The only time it got washed was when it rained, because "it's a Jeep !!". Nowadays, I think modern Jeeps have more plastic than metal, I guess that's progress....

It looks like the only damage on your Jeep was plastic. Somewhat easy to replace, but doubtful it's cheap.

But kudos for you having the right frame of mind, "it's a Jeep !!" and don't mind thrashing it.
I know, I kind of hate all the plastic, it almost feels HARDER to fix because it seems like the only option is replacement rather than banging out a few dents! Especially coming from my German engineered Golf that even though was a cheaper econ car, felt like it was built with wayyyyy better materials. But I love not being afraid to beat this thing up a little, if it's just cosmetic stuff, who cares! Others on the road can tell right away I use my Jeep!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts