Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Jeep Renegade Altitude 1.3L 4WD
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after a failed attempt at installing my custom made downpipe for my 1.3L Turbo 2022… simply needs to be rotated at the flange. Seems maybe when they clamped it to finish weld it the pipe moved and is just off enough not to fit, so we’ll return to that when I get it back. I cad-designed an intake for the 1.3 and have sent the file out to be made. The initial prototype didn’t quite fit like I wanted so we had to make some adjustments and I decided to add a heat shield. Seems like it’s going to be a while before I get version 2 as the fabrication shop I have making it just got a huge order from a manufacturer and has to work on that before any one offs. So, I decided to make use of the factory air box to get some cool air flow to my filter setup. My IAT1 reading on a decent day in Sunny South Florida is usually around 131deg and when cruising in the highway at 75-80mph it’s usually around 90-100deg of course depending on ambient air temp. I just took a cruise with the air box and cool air feed tube in place and to my honest surprise I saw about 20degs less around town 109-111deg mind you it’s 90 outside right now. I’m actually impressed considering the Jeep grills flow for **** and that oval feed is tiny. These turbo systems are so over-engineered. #JeepLife

Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Hood

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you make a final product I'll buy one. No one makes a CAI for a '21 Renegade Trailhawk.
I was so suprised when I realized this only reason I dove into it. I've been modifying cars for 20+ years actually owned a hot rod shop from 2004 - 2014 so I had a blast with this. Can't wait for the final product to be finished. It's taking a little longer because its a back and forth game. Unfortunately I can't leave the Rene with them as I daily it and they can't come to me, so it's tasking. We'll get er' done hopefully before the end of the year. Trying to be first to market. Appreciate the support!

Reactions: semperfiny

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
difference between this and tossing in a K&N 33-5101?
a ton more actual air flow. The stock air box is massively restrictive. Spool time has improved drastically and can’t beat the sound as well.

Reactions: semperfiny
1 - 5 of 5 Posts