Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been piling stuff into the back and when I need something from the bottom of the pile it's a hassle. I've seen these MOLLE panels for other vehicles like the Wrangler and wanted to see if I could do something in the Renegade.

I found these Pelican Rigid MOLLE inserts for backpacks. They're made out of some soft but sturdy plastic. The size is just about perfect for 4 panels in the trunk as well.

For now I put 2 on the back sides of the rear seats. I plan on putting 2 more over the speaker covers.

The install was pretty straight forward. Drill some holes on the panels. I found that 3 on each side kept it sturdy. If you just did 4 in each corner the center will flex a lot. I use some 1/4" nylon spacers and ended up stacking 2 for a total of 1/2" spacing on each screw. The reason for the spacing is so that you can run the MOLLE webbing through the panel. Then I used 1 1/4" dry wall screws to mount he panels to the back seats. The back seats have some kind of board behind them so the screws hold up tight and strong. Just watch out for the metal frame in the seats which will stop the screw. No drilling of the seats required with the drywall screws.

I threw on a couple of MOLLE pouches I have on my vest just to show you guys how it looks. I'm gonna buy a different set of pouches for the different setup I'm using for the Renegade and try to use up all the space I can.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I love molle, (i do airsoft lol) I seen similar things on ebay but they used them on the back of the front seats.

Ive been thinking about making up a bunch of panels from stainless myself. (I work at a cnc cutting plant)

the back set you got going there is really cool. very nice

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can lace the MOLLE any way you want, depending on how tight you want it. Lacing them does cause some discomfort with the amount space you have to work with, but it's not that difficult at all. I used the nylon spacers (.5 inches) so that I would have room to weave the MOLLE straps without removing the panels all the time. Since I'm using dry wall screws, I don't want to remove the screws often at all. That will cause the screw holes to not hold up as well, every time I remove and install the screw.

I was looking at those "behind the front seats" MOLLE panels as well, but couldn't find any I liked that would fit the Renegade. Those companies do make some real nice ones that fit to the contours of say the Wrangler, but since the Renegade is still new, no one has made a specific one for the Renegade. All the universal ones don't look appealing at all. The back does because of the MOLLE, but the front has all the exposed straps to hold it on and those straps don't fit to the contour of the Renegade seat. So it looks sloppy and I can image it feels bad sitting in the seat. Another thing is that, there isn't much room between the front and back seat in the Renegade, compared to a larger size vehicle like the Wrangler, Cherokee, SUVs, etc.

So I don't want a full size MOLLE cover for the back of the front seats unless someone makes a full contour seat cover that specifically fits the Renegade seats. Or I might get a smaller bug out style bag that will hang off the head rest and sit higher up on the back of the seats. Still leaving leg room. Would suck though for a head on collision and the back seat passenger's face smacking the bag though.

Reactions: crom

·
Registered
131 Posts
true true I never thought of that. I just put up a couple of my mag dump pouches and got them hanging from behind each from seat. I put sunglasses and and old phones (movies/games) for my kids in them. seems to be alright for now.

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
http://www.wildecustomgear.com Put this together by request $80 or so. The all velcro back adheres to the seat's carpeted area pretty well.
This is what I'll have to look into, a few days old is a bit too soon to start screwing things into random places in the vehicle! Not my thing (yet), but I do love the all vecro design.

I also considered coming up with a netting type material that could be stretched from the head rest mounts and down to the two front tie down points to be held secure? Would be almost a standalone MOLLE not hooked to anything.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought these covers for the front seats. I've had them on for two months now and they're great.

http://www.coverking.com/tactical-ballistic-custom-seat-cover-for-2015-jeep-renegade-trailhawk.html

They aren't as form fitting as the neoprene covers, but still fit very nicely. An added bonus is that the cordura is water resistant and very durable, yet still a comfortable material for a seat cover.
these seem great, but would like to see them actually on...can you post some photos?

·
Registered
1 Posts
5.11 Makes Molle Panels Called "Covert Insert Large" that Work Great - three fit perfectly and they Hang\attach from the Headrests so no need to modify the Vehicle. Just got them last night now I just have to figure out what I want to attach to it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is what I'll have to look into, a few days old is a bit too soon to start screwing things into random places in the vehicle! Not my thing (yet), but I do love the all vecro design.

I also considered coming up with a netting type material that could be stretched from the head rest mounts and down to the two front tie down points to be held secure? Would be almost a standalone MOLLE not hooked to anything.
So far its been a few months. I have had to haul a few large items and I found If I fold both seats back simultaneously it negates having to uproot the velcro panel. Its held everything in place, no noise or movement of any kind.

·
Registered
19 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Love that! Just want one molle panel for the rear seat? Advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
198 Posts
This is my solution for MOLLE attachments on the rear cargo area, a tactical vest front panel with velcro on the back. ¥75/$11 only.

Thanks for OP's inspiring.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.