Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now we got to wait on the price. Thanks for posting. I wish they would do skid plates too.
Agreed, but I don't doubt we'll be seeing skid plates as well as a whole lotta other pieces of armor, in due time. It seems the fabricators are producing the "cool stuff" first - lift kits, custom bumpers, skid rails, etc. And why not, that's the stuff that's going to sell like hotcakes, :)

When I had my '98'XJ, and started adding upgrades, I noticed that lots of the upgrades most the others did first were the visually-noticeable ones.

I guess boring old-farts like myself do the stuff you don't necessarily notice with your eyes. First upgrades I added to my XJ were front skid plate, a throttle body spacer, and a Jet Performance Module. Oh, and beefier rotors and pads, :) Stopping is a very good thing, :)

This time around, since the hardware hasn't been readily available until the past couple months, I started out with things like the roof cage, the steelies and tires. Visually appealing, yea - but more because they offer more functionality. Comes in handy to be able to toss your gear into the cage and be running tires that actually have some meat to them, :)

·
Registered
242 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Just a quick update my local shop here in Tampa (Topper Town) is now able to order the new parts

Bull Bar - $249 +tax
Has anyone seen a picture of this bull bar installed on a Renegade? Does anyone know if it gets mounted where the Trailhawk tow hooks come out of the front bumper? Or does it come out from under the front bumper and possibly reduce approach angle? From looking at the brackets it looks like it comes from under the front bumper. But it does not look like it takes up too much of the approach angle. Installed pictures appreciated.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Has anyone seen a picture of this bull bar installed on a Renegade? Does anyone know if it gets mounted where the Trailhawk tow hooks come out of the front bumper? Or does it come out from under the front bumper and possibly reduce approach angle? From looking at the brackets it looks like it comes from under the front bumper. But it does not look like it takes up too much of the approach angle. Installed pictures appreciated.
I'll take pictures once I've installed mine, my shop said it should be a couple more days

·
Registered
89 Posts
So, I just spoke to my local shop. Turns out Daystar oversold their new items (Bull Bar and Switch Pod), even though when the shop ordered they said it was in stock. Said it will probably be like two weeks, so I'll update you guys when they come in.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I can't attest to the quality of Daystars winch mount, but I personally think the complete thing "looks" better than Rocky Roads. However, the price is crazy! I absolutely love my RR winch mount and I know it's built like a tank.
Yea $$ was a little steep on the Daystar stuff. I personally like the sliders MUCH more from RR.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I can't attest to the quality of Daystars winch mount, but I personally think the complete thing "looks" better than Rocky Roads. However, the price is crazy! I absolutely love my RR winch mount and I know it's built like a tank.
Yea $$ was a little steep on the Daystar stuff. I personally like the sliders MUCH more from RR.
Oh yea, the RRO sliders are beyond comparison to anyone else's.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.