Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought a used GoPro Hero 4 Session off of OfferUp yesterday. Luckily it was only used twice and came with different mounts and everything else, so its pretty much brand new.

Mounted one of the mounts on top of my dash, under my rear view mirror. I tried mounting it on top of the center a/c vent, but 1/4 of the view covers the dash, so i switched it up on the top and it covered the whole view of the road without the dash being in the picture.

I do some hiking with my family once in a while, and during our ride we would always try to pull our phones out to take photos and videos of the scenery, so i thought i'd mount one up in my renegade. Also, being in the military, I do a lot of cool training and stuff lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
great lil cam !
nice mount point - dont worry to mount it outside as well - waterproof an all , would be a great view as well

i use mine for the harley rides

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Very useful if some prick stages a crash for cash by slamming into you.

Reactions: Jeep Jon

·
Registered
247 Posts
I want one of these... my videos are all shaky on my phone, need a proper mounted cam for off roading adventures (plus safety if someone crashes into it, to prove for insurance!). Nice pics and great idea.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Here's some videos taken with my GoPro Hero4 Session mounted on top of my dash as a dashcam.

NOTE: For better video quality, change the quality settings to 1080p48 HD.

DAY TIME
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9DkZ__RmojQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RAINY WEATHER
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6CWFhuqrpaQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NIGHT TIME
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4h95EvvX178" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
1,574 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
kewl vids - thumbs up the vids !

i dont use that swivel mount - i can never get it perfect aligned, and im nuts when it comes to that lol . i use the other 2 mounts, they make me less stressed lol

and my contour roam2 has a swivel lens, i can turn it round an round , it even has a level lazer so u know its aligned !!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Way cool. Do you like the go pro? I was thinking of getting the karma drone and hero5 when they come out.

love my sessions ---- if your gonna spend cash on that karma drone , your better off with the Lily drone its an autonomous drone that can follow u without controls ! its pretty sweet

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Great video quality. Looks really good. Now you have to do some off-road videos!!!
Yeah, i really love the fish eye effect of it, its pretty cool. I'm not doing any off-road stuff just yet, itll be a while. lol

Way cool. Do you like the go pro? I was thinking of getting the karma drone and hero5 when they come out.
To be honest, this is my very first GoPro, and I have not ever own any recording device. I am more than happy and impressed with this product!

kewl vids - thumbs up the vids !

i dont use that swivel mount - i can never get it perfect aligned, and im nuts when it comes to that lol . i use the other 2 mounts, they make me less stressed lol

and my contour roam2 has a swivel lens, i can turn it round an round , it even has a level lazer so u know its aligned !!
haha, you can always adjust it and lock it into place you think is a good spot. I really like this one becuase its so small and you can live stream it through your phone!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought a used GoPro Hero 4 Session off of OfferUp yesterday. Luckily it was only used twice and came with different mounts and everything else, so its pretty much brand new.

Mounted one of the mounts on top of my dash, under my rear view mirror. I tried mounting it on top of the center a/c vent, but 1/4 of the view covers the dash, so i switched it up on the top and it covered the whole view of the road without the dash being in the picture.

I do some hiking with my family once in a while, and during our ride we would always try to pull our phones out to take photos and videos of the scenery, so i thought i'd mount one up in my renegade. Also, being in the military, I do a lot of cool training and stuff lol.

Yea, yea, great mount but you can MOUNT a GoPro with Duct Tape !!
How about displaying and controlling the GoPro app on the 8.5" UConnect screen, has any genius figured that out !!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts