Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
22" TV mounted in the Renegade.

Used a universal wall mount to attach the TV to some cabinet hinges that are mounted to the back of the speaker box (to get the right viewing angle)

Used generic corner stops to stop the hinge from allowing the TV to fall backwards.

For input I bought a $35 google chrome cast that plugs into the HDMI port on the TV.

For power I used the 12V DC plug in the back to a 100W inverter (has one outlet and one USB) that can easily power both the chrome cast and the TV itself. I'm working on direct wiring the inverter to the wires behind the plug of the 12V DC, but just wanted to get it hooked up last night.

Let me know what you think!

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
Looks great but what about your battery's voltage? Aren't you afraid that the car might not start after watching a movie or a football match?

On the other hand, if you leave the car in idle for too long it might cause problems to your catalytic converter, and also you will be breathing all the exhaust fumes while watching TV... :p

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks great but what about your battery's voltage? Aren't you afraid that the car might not start after watching a movie or a football match?

On the other hand, if you leave the car in idle for too long it might cause problems to your catalytic converter, and also you will be breathing all the exhaust fumes while watching TV... :p
I'll take my chances with the catalytic converter and exhaust fumes lol, I'm also looking at options for another battery.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Well, last night I watched an entire NCAA basketball game and she cranked right up afterwards. So I'm guessing it'll be fine to use for sporting events.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.