Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Just bought a new Renegade Trailhawk. When I was at the dealer, I was sure to get the factory tow package and the MySky. I was also convinced to get the leather upgrade with the 6.5" radio... I really like it, and I am still getting used to the 9 speed.

I traded in my Sonic RS for it... I am moving to Philadelphia in a few days and wanted something that can pull a U-Haul. I just finished grad school and took a position at an architecture firm. I think I am going to be close to the 2000# tow capacity, so this will be interesting... I'll be driving from central Illinois, like an 800 mile trip -- I'll be sure to drive slowly. Advice welcome

When I was in high school, I owned/tore down/ lifted several GM trucks... I had to sell my 89 K5 a while ago. When I was done, it had 40s and a 4-speed. I also helped my brother build his supercharged 97 half ton Silverado. My experience is mostly with vehicles I could sit in the engine bay. Not looking to mod the Renegade (until the warranty runs out), but maybe something to make camping and weekend trips better. Roof rack and bike rack maybe. Also wondering if there are glass replacements for the MySky.

Looking forward to jeep shenanigans :) and this heated steering wheel in the winter. I'll post picks in a bit.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome!

What a coincidence, I traded in my 2012 Chevy Sonic LTZ for '15 Trailhawk last year and then moved from Chicago the opposite direction out to Seattle. We packed ours to the brim (including two cat carriers) and had a roof bag full of junk when we made the 2,200 mile trek and had no issues—no trailer, though. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Advice welcome
Your focus is on a new life, new town, new job. As an architect, you're trained to succeed, and to not risk. I'd be a shame if the new baby became a distraction with a blown tranny when you've so much else going on.

I advise getting a Penske truck and let the trailhawk BE trailered. Best thing to do is ALWAYS the hardest thing to do.

On the lighter side...Chicago and Philly studying architecture. What a dream!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yes, I agree. I will pull a trailer eventually with my trailhawk, but I will not push the 2000 lb limit...in fact, will find a small trail that is well under that limit.

Last thing you need is a blow transmission and perhaps VOIDING the warranty by exceeding the tow limit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.