Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was able to plug in my mp3 player and play music with no problems until recently. I must have somehow hit a wrong button because now it plays but I can barely hear the singers. I hear the music but not voices, if that makes sense. Any idea how to fix it?

·
Registered
285 Posts
I was able to plug in my mp3 player and play music with no problems until recently. I must have somehow hit a wrong button because now it plays but I can barely hear the singers. I hear the music but not voices, if that makes sense. Any idea how to fix it?
Have you checked your audio equalizer controls to make sure the treble isn't all the way down? Also could be blown speakers or loose wiring.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Via USB or a player using the 1/8" stereo input? This could make a difference in leading us all down the proper road!

If you can't hear the singers, the "source" of music may have a phase issue. That can be a cable, a broken connection on one lead of an audio jack, or similar. Music is mixed for voice to be mainly center channel except for special effects and EARLY stereo where the record companies and singers wanted to show off extreme left/right.

If it's not the "source" perhaps there is a "surround" setting that doesn't like the recordings. (I'm new to my Renegade, only yesterday so I don't know) and you may have to go to a more "basic" setting and start-over with "stereo" being the goal. What IS odd, however is this kind of thing usually only happens with MONO sources (do you have old recordings of MONO releases of songs, like Beatles, etc?) when phase is FINE played on a properly operating stereo, but voices disappear if phase is wrong/reversed.

Keep us posted! I'll watch this thread with interest. Given we're dealing with all-digital sources now,it shouldn't be a cable issue unless you have an "audio to audio" cable in us to the (audio) plug-in on the console instead of the USB mp3 player option.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Probably not related but I didn't want to create a new thread for it...

I did an experiment this morning and found that this has a drastic effect on sound quality – iPhone > Music > EQ. I drive with my iPhone plugged into the USB near the dash and I tried an experiment this morning that really made a difference – the EQ settings on my iPhone. I feel that having it off created the best sound out of my 4 speaker system in my Sport Renny. So everybody make sure you check that out!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.