Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Trailhawk @345 miles. First full tank: 22mpg per computer.
How much fuel do you think you had left and what mix was city/hwy driving? Thanks for the report! How do you like it so far?
To be clear, the odometer was about 345. The fillup was probably done at about 110 miles. Fuel range read "Low" so probably 30 miles left.

60/40 highway to city. Steadily climbed from 15mpg during my test drives and right after purchase to 22mpg today.

Reset it after fillup and drove about 50/50 mileage today and got 26.5 mpg. I'll probably shoot to keep it between 26 and 28 with my commute and errands.

Also, in General, I love the car. Looks great, rides well, and I was able to fit my wife, 10-month-old (and her honkin car seat), a stroller, and my two German shepherd's in the car today. Have been thrilled with the choice!

I am experiencing a bad wind dragging sound on the front driver side corner of the car, though. Can't figure it out. Going to make the dealer address it, because it's the one knock I have on it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anybody got a chance to try the Renegade in manual transmission, I am trying to see if it has enought power or it feels like you have to get out of the car and push it yourself.
Also, how it runs in hills and with the 4x4.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I am experiencing a bad wind dragging sound on the front driver side corner of the car, though. Can't figure it out. Going to make the dealer address it, because it's the one knock I have on it.
This is apparently the first reported repeat issue on the Trailhawk. Two other users have reported it and both times the dealer said it was the window seal. Try putting some window tape on it down hard and see if it fixes the issue. Definitely something to bring to the attention of the dealer, wouldn't want it to start leaking!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Has anybody got a chance to try the Renegade in manual transmission, I am trying to see if it has enought power or it feels like you have to get out of the car and push it yourself.
Also, how it runs in hills and with the 4x4.
I have test driven a manual and automatic, and funny enough, even though the manual engine is 1000CCs smaller, it felt more sportier than the auto. More fun to drive too. Neither had 4x4 though.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Wow you found a manual car in the US? That's a rare bird!
Oh boy was it hard. Out of the 4 dealerships within drivable range of me, only one got a Renegade in, and it was a latitude auto. I had to drive 3 hours up state to find a dealer with a sport model manual. Pretty stripped and bare bones though. Apparently it's super rare though because the lady up there said she had people out of state wanting to come look at it.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh boy was it hard. Out of the 4 dealerships within drivable range of me, only one got a Renegade in, and it was a latitude auto. I had to drive 3 hours up state to find a dealer with a sport model manual. Pretty stripped and bare bones though. Apparently it's super rare though because the lady up there said she had people out of state wanting to come look at it.
This is the only one I have heard of in the states.

Scott

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Last night I drove a Fiat 500L with the 1.4T and manual transmission just to get a feel for what that engine was like. It didn't feel as sporty as I thought it would and actually felt like it had less power than the 2.4 automatic Renegade Sport I drove. The six speed shifted beautifully though.

That made me rethink my Renegade choice and am leaning toward the Trailhawk as much as I dislike automatic transmissions.

Reactions: Jeepstress

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have a Limited OE (UK) 1.4T Manual 4x2 got 38 mpg today on a 50 mile round trip which was mainly motor way and some town stop start driving.
Car has about 220 miles on it now. motor way speed was 70-75 miles an hour mainly:)

·
Super Moderator
3,685 Posts
there is one, already sold now, here in central arkansas, and there is one in vegas and that's absolutely all I've heard of manuals stateside. I guess FCA doesn't expect them to sell.
Actually FCA claims they expect 16% of US sales ot be manuals. Which is more than double the rate for all auto sales. They are either lying, or more likely is that they need to push as many cars that can sell rapidly through the door right now due to the ery shortened model year they stuck themselves with. They want to hit their million units goal and not look like a niche success.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Trim Level: TH
Engine: 2.4 Multi-air
Current miles: 1260
If calculated by hand or DIC: Calculated by Hand
Highway/City %: 100 % highway
MPG: 29 MPG
Had my TH for a week now. Mileage has been 33 MPG on one tank to 28.5 on another (snow mode and driving through 6" of snow. Last two tanks have been right at 29 MPG. Drive between 65-68 MPH on highway with cruise on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Trim Level: TH
Engine: 2.4 Multi-air
Current miles: 1260
If calculated by hand or DIC: Calculated by Hand
Highway/City %: 100 % highway
MPG: 29 MPG
Had my TH for a week now. Mileage has been 33 MPG on one tank to 28.5 on another (snow mode and driving through 6" of snow. Last two tanks have been right at 29 MPG. Drive between 65-68 MPH on highway with cruise on.
Not bad. Thanks for posting this. Been waiting for some real numbers...

1 - 20 of 155 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.