Jeep Renegade Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Was this difficult to install? What did you pay for the install. It's an expensive add on that I wouldn't want to drop a lot more cash to get it on. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
There are a lot of videos showing how to put it on so it was easy. The directions stink from AVID & make it harder than it had to be! Free at a club wrenching party we put it on. Our club dose wrenching party once a month and we do all kinds of mods from lights to lifts. That is another plus to join a club!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Was this difficult to install? What did you pay for the install. It's an expensive add on that I wouldn't want to drop a lot more cash to get it on. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
It isn't hard to install. The hardest part is getting up the nerve to cut into a perfectly good fender, knowing that once you start, there is no turning back.

The snorkel comes with a template that you tape to the fender that marks where to drill.
Jack up the right front of the Jeep.
Remove the right front wheel.
Remove the right front fender liner.
Remove the air box inlet tube.
Tape the template to the right front fender, per the directions.
I used a center punch to ensure that I don't slide off of my mark.
Take a deep breath, and drill.

... the directions are good, and YouTube has a couple videos that you could watch a few times before you start.

There are a couple more holes that need to be drilled in the 'A' Pillar for the to secure the top of the snorkel. Again, this is in the directions.

It's a JEEP!
Make it your own, make it unique, Have fun with it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
New Exhaust System with 2 12" x 2.5" cherry bomb types of mufflers. One up near the resonator the other at the rear of the Jeep.

Thank you. Got the Jeep back. No charge thank God. Dealer said they put weep holes in. Going to take it next week to a friends garage and put on lift & check out the situation.

·
Super Moderator
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
21 - 26 of 26 Posts