Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know any muffler deletes that would work for the 2.4l Trailhawk engine? I've seen only 1.4l on here. I already have in mind a resonator I want but if you know any others and would like to share that would be great!

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
Ok.

1) Not having a muffler is illegal most places due to the noise.
2) A resonator is not a muffler.
3) Running straight pipes makes you more than kind of a jerk to everyone around you for extremely minimal benefit to yourself.
4) The 1.4s have a delete option because that's basically the 500 abarth setup, it is how the abarth comes form the factory, AND it has a turbo. The turbo attenuates a lot of exhaust noise if you don't have it fully spun up and WOT.
5) Doing similar on an NA engine will be just slightly quieter than running open headers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok.

3) Running straight pipes makes you more than kind of a jerk to everyone around you for extremely minimal benefit to yourself.
4) The 1.4s have a delete option because that's basically the 500 abarth setup, it is how the abarth comes form the factory, AND it has a turbo. The turbo attenuates a lot of exhaust noise if you don't have it fully spun up and WOT.
5) Doing similar on an NA engine will be just slightly quieter than running open headers.
1) I actually didn't realise that thank you
2) I know it's not the same I worded my post horribly my bad.
3) I'm honestly was just looking around and see what I could do to my exhaust and thought to ask about this
4-5) also thank you, I don't think I'll do it if it's one illegal and obnoxiously loud. I'll just look at a exhaust

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
does anyone know any muffler deletes that would work for the 2.4l Trailhawk engine? I've seen only 1.4l on here. I already have in mind a resonator I want but if you know any others and would like to share that would be great!
You must hate your neighbors.
Lol no, just exploring options

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok.

Is it as load as a harleys Davison or a Jake brake?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.