Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was stuck in 10 mph traffic when the car jerked slightly and the following warning lights and messages came on:
ABS, P, Traction control, SERV 4WD, check engine light, service engine message, service dynamic steering message, service transmission message and number of others that I did not catch while they were flashing too fast.
Called the dealership, they told me to bring it in (safe to drive they say) .
Two days later I get a call the car is ready and it needed three hours worth of computer updates.
Pick up the car, drive approximately 10 mile and the same happens again.
Took the car back in and they are “working on it”
Did anyone else have the same symptoms? What was the issue?
I am concerned I have a LEMON.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Several on here have reported similar problems that were corrected by a software update. Make sure they update each computer module separately. Your vehicle will likely be okay.

Reactions: twospirits

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UPDATE
I have heard back from the Jeep service department. They have traced the malfunction to ABS control wire, apparently it was not secured properly and has rubbed against something causing a short. They have ordered a wire, should be in town early next week, will see if this solves it...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.