Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend and I headed out to the Hungry Valley SRVA today, about an hour north of LA. They have a practice off road course which was a lot of fun, especially for a novice like myself.

Anyway, here's a shot of the jeepster going through this practice trench. I stopped when I probably shouldn't have, my friend snapped the pic, and then I just kept rolling.

Ran through a bunch of other obstacles like water, rocky hills, etc and my Trailhawk just ate them all up. After the practice course we set out on some trails. I stuck to the green mostly but wow it was so much fun and we had some great views.

This one is near the ruins of an old hotel from the 20s-30s called The Timber Inn and is located up in the Angeles National Forest.

All in all, this is why I bought the Renegade. To see some cool off the beaten path places, have a little bit of off road fun, and it totally lived up to it. Despite the issues, I'm loving this thing more and more.

· Registered
1,633 Posts
You're getting me (at least a little) interested in trying some off-road with my Trailhawk. I know there is a place about two hours from me in central PA. Maybe if I get some time this summer I'll stop by if it isn't muddy (I don't enjoy clean up).

· Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks fantastic!! BTW is that Glacier Metallic? Did you encounter any difficulties or areas you wished the renny had something 'more'?
Thanks! And yeah, it's the Glacier. As far as capabilities go, the Renegade easily bests my skill, and thus would do anything I could ask of it (short of being stupid). The modes work very well. I used the water and sand yesterday and you can feel them working. Descent control is awesome. Totally happy with it for what I would I expect to do with it.

· Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am guessing the non-Trailhawk version couldn't go off the beaten path such as this, correct?
I think it would be fine for dirt roads and light obstacles. Outside of the practice course and the medium difficulty trails I think a non-trailhawk could have totally done all the "easy" rated trails I tried.

Yesterday I felt like the biggest benefits were the increased approach and departure angles, and the raised height for the water. There were times I couldn't believe I didn't bottom out on the more difficult stuff I tried.

· Registered
56 Posts
I think it would be fine for dirt roads and light obstacles. Outside of the practice course and the medium difficulty trails I think a non-trailhawk could have totally done all the "easy" rated trails I tried.

Yesterday I felt like the biggest benefits were the increased approach and departure angles, and the raised height for the water. There were times I couldn't believe I didn't bottom out on the more difficult stuff I tried.
Very cool and great feedback for a perspective buyer!

· Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Perhaps you could take someone along in a 4x2 model, just to see how the the 4x2 and 4x4 compare. I know the 4x2 won't be as capable, but I am curious as to how capable the 4x2 is.

· Premium Member
916 Posts
Something that I wondered for a while is what if the Sport, Latitude or Limited didn't have the front and rear fascia that they have, would it be able to clear some of the trails?

TS

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.