Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here is my story.I Bought a renegade may 2,2015 for my wife to use as her daily driver.300 miles in door locks stop working.take it to the dealership and they reset the computer and updated the software for the transmission.800 miles battery flat dead. Tow it to the dealership they can not find anything wring and replace the battery.then this is where the story goes bad.July 4th weekend we go on vacation.make it to our destination 700 miles away from home.we have a great 4 days out of our 9 day vacation when we start to get a weird noise when shifting from 4th to 5th gear.sounded like an electric motor running.I located a dealership in area on the way there all kinds of lights come in and I get a service transmission message and the jeep starts doing a lot bad things.pull over get it towed to the dealership.they looked at and said the transmission is leaking fluid from everywhere and we will need a New transmission.luckily I know some one with a truck and trailer to come pick us up and trailer the jeep the 700 miles home to the local dealership.they look at it and agree new transmission is needed but there is none in stock.I was told it is on back order and it will be at least to days before they receive the New transmission.so here I wait making payments on vehicle I can not drive waiting for it to be in the garage for 30 days so I can claim lemon law and get a new jeep.the dealership was kind enough to give us a loaner which is a base model patriot that my wife can not stand.I didn't even know they made vehicles with Manuel locks and Windows anymore.

·
Registered
454 Posts
**** sorry to hear man. That is just plain horrible. I would have asked the dealer to give you a comparable vehicle to what you bought.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I called jeep care today to see what I can do to get the renegade fixed any faster. Basically I was told I can do nothing but wait. 9 speed transmission are on back order and was told the earliest I would see it us August 14. So I asked for them to pay the monthly payment since it will be gone for longer than a month and they said no. So now I am paying for a vehicle I can not drive. If any one has any suggestions on who I can contact to try and speed this up would be a great help. I do know once it is gone for 30 days I will be contacting a lawyer for lemon law. After doing a bunch of research I dint know if I will ever buy another Chrysler/fiat product. Way too many problems and customer service is poor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am also waiting the 30 day lemon law to get rid of my Renegade with 2600 miles on it. First we had car lock issues, took it in and they said it was fixed. They drove it up with the error light still on and it went right bay into service for another week and a new ignition switch. Got it back and it started driving really rough. More keylee entry problems and worst of- and Dangerous- started acclerating while braking down hills and around turns. Took it back and told dealer this car will kill us. They have had it weeks and said it's unfixable at this point. So upsetting and we have to wait while making payments.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having issues with the check engine light and the car will not accelerate at certain moments. The lights have come on for the forth time. I have filed a lemon law letter and my 30 days are up so now for the fun part...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.