Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am from Poland. Few weeks ago i've won brand new Renegade 1.4T in lottery and I think this car is great. But I could'nt handle with stock lights with H4 halogen bulbs (I had previously cars with xenon's). So i decided to modified them into a xenon lights ;)

Specification:
D2S bixenon projectors
Black painted interior
Rings hidden behind the projector housings (not plugged yet)

·
Registered
610 Posts
All right. Enough with the mystery act. Details on the conversion please. And clearly no issues with the CAN-BUS system?

This looks very much like the retrofit I did with my Element, where the factory lights are baked open, bulb "hood" is removed and a projector retrofit unit is placed in place of the halogen bulb... secured in place on the back side of the factory reflector with a thread-on collar. Only the projector is different. They are kind of like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-2-5-Mini...m4d346a0639:m:mJOdMR8nOlmwlUMxW-rEAAQ&vxp=mtr Lots of them on eBay out of China. The trick is knowing exactly which ones to get that will fit. Once you've got the projectors fitted and tested, you rebake to soften the RTV silicone-like sealant and re-seal the headlight housings.

·
Registered
610 Posts
PS—Wiring harness with relay and fuse will be needed to power the HID ballasts. You use factory wiring to use as trigger to trip the relay. Actual power source will be from the battery. If you use factory wiring to power the ballasts, you risk high amperage current reversing and frying expensive factory circuitry and electrical components.

·
Registered
81 Posts
How much did this project cost to do? I could imagine the extra set of headlights were not cheap to say the least.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok, so these headlights are made by hidretrofit.pl guys here in Poland. They are plug and play and all stuff (wires, xenon starters etc.) is hidden in light covers. Xenon starters are prepared for canbus, so the factory system doesn't show failure message. Costs are about: 400 $ stock lights (used) and 650$ for modification.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ok, so these headlights are made by hidretrofit.pl guys here in Poland. They are plug and play and all stuff (wires, xenon starters etc.) is hidden in light covers. Xenon starters are prepared for canbus, so the factory system doesn't show failure message. Costs are about: 400 $ stock lights (used) and 650$ for modification.
Money well spent. They look killer and look like they perform amazing!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.