Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Congrats. Looks great in the pics!

How do you like the manual transmission, and did you test drive the automatic for a point of comparison? I've heard that the Renegade engine has more power with the stick, not to mention better gas mileage.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Love the manual transmission..No I didn't test drive the automatic as I've only driven manual all my life and want to be in control of the shifting.
One thing that I noticed, different from the Wrangler that I traded in for it..First gear is almost useless as I had to shift to second almost immediately after accelerating and into third right after that.
Shifting is smooth and the clutch is effortless..
So far loving it...Only have driven it about ten miles...Off from work on Thursday and will take her for a long ride in the country to see how she handles.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Congrats! Boy does it shine!

My Trailhawk is the first automatic I've ever purchased for me. I'm enjoying not having to shift. It has a manual shifting gate but I wish it was like BMW and put the transmission into a sport shifting mode if you don't actually shift it. I think that would be more useful (although, I haven't been offroad yet).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.