Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only had my Renegade 4 days, and only been a member here around 10, joined when I was thinking of buying.

I really like this Jeep a lot so far, but have been reading so many negatives on it, is that just the way Forums are, or are the people having good luck just relatively quiet compared to the folks with issues?

Any thoughts from happy owners ?

I have only one issue so far and I cant imagine its serious, that said, I will now search for some good news :)

Chris

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had my trailhawk for 2 months, she's been off-road in the mountain snow and on a Montauk beach. I love her. I've had a fully loaded commander limited v8 and a grand Cherokee Laredo in the past. This jeep is my favorite So far in capability

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
236 Posts
It's a "forum thing".
I ain't got mine yet so I've nothing better to do that browse forums and youtube and believe me if I even sniffed anything pushing the 'general consensus' over into the negative, I would cancel order immediately.

Just for fun and as I've' had my Skoda for 4 years without a problem and never been on a forum for it, I popped over and apparently I've got rattles in dashboard, lights not working, inconsistent handbrake issues, knocks in reverse etc etc etc.

Forums are for nerds(sorry all :)) and problems. Not representative of the 99.9% of 'normal' owners.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have only had my Renegade 4 days, and only been a member here around 10, joined when I was thinking of buying.

I really like this Jeep a lot so far, but have been reading so many negatives on it, is that just the way Forums are, or are the people having good luck just relatively quiet compared to the folks with issues?

Any thoughts from happy owners ?

I have only one issue so far and I cant imagine its serious, that said, I will now search for some good news :)

Chris
Had mine for only a month...2015 Trailhawk that I bought in 2016! 1,000 miles is all I have on her and no specific issues yet, except if you like music, I would replace the speakers. Not too difficult of a DIY project.
Enjoy your Renegade! Photos?

·
Registered
263 Posts
It's a "forum thing".
Forums are for nerds(sorry all :)) and problems. Not representative of the 99.9% of 'normal' owners.

Truth right here. 3 days in I am digging mine as well. I like the forums for the nerdy stuff. AKA DIYs and mods. Example being the Key Fob mod, and the Speaker removal DIY. My only hate on forums is non car literate people litter them with complaints about this and that on said vehicles. 95% it is them being a mouth breather and to lazy to get hands a little dirty.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pics you say :)

I am happy to hear from some happy owners, thanks, I do like reading about upgrades and stuff like that, and I really enjoy the pics people post of this or that in relation to upgrades, or changes they made to there Renegade.

Here he is -

Had mine for only a month...2015 Trailhawk that I bought in 2016! 1,000 miles is all I have on her and no specific issues yet, except if you like music, I would replace the speakers. Not too difficult of a DIY project.
Enjoy your Renegade! Photos?

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Had mine for 6 months, I'm just over 22,000 miles and still loving every minute of it. I love this forum for the mods, and tend to ignore the complaints about the negatives. Especially because I don't want to become self conscious of an issue I'm not even having and start treating the vehicle like a baby. It's a Jeep and dammit I'm going to drive it like one lol. I got a 4x2 Latitude, but it's still pretty capable in South Georgia mud around my home town, so I'm not complaining. My hometown has a lot of off-roading (mostly just mud holes to go through for fun) so there's a CB channel that's only used by the off-roaders so if you get stuck you really just have to key up on Channel 22 and let someone know where you're at and they'll be around to get you soon enough. Enjoy your Jeep and don't worry yourself with the negatives :)

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Had mine for almost 2 months now, about to turn over 2000 miles and I don't have any real complaints about my TrailHawk. The gas mileage isn't what Jeep claimed it would be, but im not the only one having that issue. Other than that i'm satisfied.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks

Hello, thanks for the opinion, Its a good one, I got the 4x2 also, needed the lower payments if offered. So you still do some off roading even though its not 4wd?

Chrs

Had mine for 6 months, I'm just over 22,000 miles and still loving every minute of it. I love this forum for the mods, and tend to ignore the complaints about the negatives. Especially because I don't want to become self conscious of an issue I'm not even having and start treating the vehicle like a baby. It's a Jeep and dammit I'm going to drive it like one lol. I got a 4x2 Latitude, but it's still pretty capable in South Georgia mud around my home town, so I'm not complaining. My hometown has a lot of off-roading (mostly just mud holes to go through for fun) so there's a CB channel that's only used by the off-roaders so if you get stuck you really just have to key up on Channel 22 and let someone know where you're at and they'll be around to get you soon enough. Enjoy your Jeep and don't worry yourself with the negatives :)

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Hello, thanks for the opinion, Its a good one, I got the 4x2 also, needed the lower payments if offered. So you still do some off roading even though its not 4wd?

Chrs
Yes you can, but remember to know it's limits. I took two 4x4 Renegades on an outdoor and indoor obstacle course and I got the bug. Mine is only a 4x2 as well and I want to take it off road.

·
Registered
89 Posts

Chrs
I absolutely do some light off-roading. Nothing too severe but I definitely hit up some mud with my buddies in Georgia. I try to avoid the deeper holes as I'm never the first in the trail riding line, but as a semi-experienced-ameteur mud bogger (grew up playing in the Georgia mud) I can maneuver through some stuff a 2wd shouldn't be able to get through.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.