Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just FYI.

This is a Jeep Renegade North (Canada's "North" must be similar to the US's "Latitude"). I removed the rear seat, the floor board and the spare tire. I installed a plywood floor (lower than the original floor board). There are blocks of wood underneath around the edges and in the middle. I covered it with self adhesive linoleum squares. I use two of the existing threaded bolt holes in the car floor to anchor the new floor.

Next step will be to purchase Festool Systainer and Sortainer boxes.

Then, I will make and install some kind of barrier behind the front seats.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I may have missed this somewhere, but why did you do this?
I did this to increase the cargo space. I don't need the back seat. When folded over, the back seat still occupied a significant amount of space. Now I have a larger space in which to slide in tool boxes and the like. I gained space horizontally and vertically.

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
846 Posts
I did this to increase the cargo space. I don't need the back seat. When folded over, the back seat still occupied a significant amount of space. Now I have a larger space in which to slide in tool boxes and the like. I gained space horizontally and vertically.
Seems as if there's a fair amount of wasted space behind/under the plastic fender covers too. Have you thought about using that area too? You may at least need to protect the plastic. It seems pretty fragile around the wheel wells and may not survive an impact from shifting cargo.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
this is cool, would love to see how the turn out was with the boxes and everything in. i stripped out my last few Golf GTI's like this, so much room. plan to remove the rear seat backs and bench in hopes my honda Grom would be able to fit back there. looks like it might just fit

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.