Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to take a little camping trip this weekend. I packed up my Renegade, and drove roughly 40 miles away to do some camping. I purchased this trailer https://www.lowes.com/pd/Carry-On-Trailer-3-5-ft-x-5-ft-Wire-Mesh-Utility-Trailer/3680952, and my Renegade (2017 1.4L/6-speed manual) pulled it with no issues whatsoever. I loaded it down with 4-person tent, large cooler filled with ice, large trunk for camping items, cot, table, chairs, and a few other items. My max speed was 65mph through hilly terrain. My Renegade did great!

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Great to know ! I can't wait to take mine camping, I need to either get out soon or I will have to wait until fall, it's just too hot around here to camp during the summer.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Nice! The back of the Renegade will actually take a lot of stuff if you remove the luggage platform, which adds 6-8" to the depth of the rear hatch area. We've tent camped very comfortably with everything packed inside.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice! The back of the Renegade will actually take a lot of stuff if you remove the luggage platform, which adds 6-8" to the depth of the rear hatch area. We've tent camped very comfortably with everything packed inside.

I know, but I like a few luxuries while "roughing it" it the wilderness:)

I need to get the spare tire kit for that extra space.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts