Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently sat in Lookers Jeep, Cardiff drinking their very good coffee. Can't fault it.

We have picked three colours. First choice is Solar Yellow, second choice Sierra Blue and third choice is Omaha Orange.

Engine choice is 1.4 MultiAir. Originally I was going for the 1.6TD lump, but there is currently a five month waiting list, as the demand is that great. So the 1.4 it is then. It is still an economical vehicle compared to what I have had in the past.

Manual gearbox.

Spec is Longitude.

The sales dude, Tony Grimas is a good guy to deal with. We are waiting for Paul Barry to become available, he is the one who does motability, to put the order through.

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
404 Posts
Good luck - hope you get your Renegade soon! I wouldn't mind a manual transmission, but no-one else in my household can drive a stick. Not to mention it's not available on the Trailhawk.

Reactions: kevinfourlegs

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats! will you be special ordering or looking to find on the lot/dealer trade?
I am getting mine on the motability scheme. Here in GB we have motability to help disabled people like myself to have a new car. I get the high rate mobility component and in exchange for that, I can get a new car every three years. Currently I have a 2013 Renault Scenic which I have had since March 2013. I wasn't due to change cars until then, but I have had clearance to upgrade early. If the Renegade makes a good impression on me, which is not easy, I will replace it with another in three years time. That is if they are still available on the motability scheme. I have been looking forward to getting a Renegade since March when I saw an advert on tv for it. Everything is included, servicing, tyres, the lot. All I do is put fuel in it and that is it for three years. When the lease expires I can get another motability car or I can leave the scheme and buy my own vehicle.

The beauty of it is, I do not have to worry about timewasters and tyrekickers when selling a vehicle or haggling the salesman to get the best trade in deal.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
End of September/beginning of October has been mentioned. I will speak to Tony at Lookers Jeep and see if he can give me an approximate date, give or take a week or too.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi Kevinfourlegs

I ordered from Lookers Cardiff on 19th July. I was told 12-14 weeks. I don't know if that includes the four week production factory shutdown (only became aware of that via this site). I already seems like an age!!
Did your order the special accessory.........the TaffNav?

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ordered mine 3 weeks ago and was told November.
What extras/options did you order? That makes a difference.

Mine should be built by the end of September/beginning of October and delivery to Lookers should be in the first half of October. Obviously this is without unexpected hitches. Things can and do wrong. I know, I used to work for Renault and there are unforeseen delays.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
What extras/options did you order? That makes a difference.

Mine should be built by the end of September/beginning of October and delivery to Lookers should be in the first half of October. Obviously this is without unexpected hitches. Things can and do wrong. I know, I used to work for Renault and there are unforeseen delays.
From memory I think I got everything apart from the upgraded sound system and the hole in the roof.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Interesting to hear about the delivery timescale for the 1.6 Diesel - I ordered mine to replace my Audi Q3 - which is at end-of-lease in January - makes me wonder if it's been ordered in time!

I've gone for Colorado Red, but with all of the options boxes ticked (apart from Bonnet and Door stickers!)

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Interesting to hear about the delivery timescale for the 1.6 Diesel - I ordered mine to replace my Audi Q3 - which is at end-of-lease in January - makes me wonder if it's been ordered in time!

I've gone for Colorado Red, but with all of the options boxes ticked (apart from Bonnet and Door stickers!)
Hmmmm. Again, most of the options ticked. So I would hazard a guess and say that yours may run over the end of Jan 2016. As I am not an employee of Jeep, this is as I say, a guess. I hope it is worth the wait.

The Renegade has taken off better than Jeep and FiatChrysler expected and this is causing delays, especially when most of the option boxes are ticked.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Had a call from the leasing company today saying;

a) Adaptive Cruise still not available, and
b) Delivery timescale is 12 weeks...

Well, let's see!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I went for pretty much the same as Julian, except extra infotainment pack (and 2.0 limited 4wd). Wishing now that I added the rear camera as the packing pack was not available. Don't know if this can be added under the 'light variability' production status

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I went for pretty much the same as Julian, except extra infotainment pack (and 2.0 limited 4wd). Wishing now that I added the rear camera as the packing pack was not available. Don't know if this can be added under the 'light variability' production status

light variability production status?
How do yo know the production status?

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
That is why yours will take longer, you almost had every option. Mine is the standard Longitude model.
It seems that the only way to get a fully loaded model is by ordering one.

bit off topic mode: ON
Spoiler
I've mentioned in the past that I plan on getting my Renegade in late 2016 early 2017 but that does not stop me from going in each day to the websites of dealerships near me to check what they have. And one thing I've noticed is that I have yet to see a fully loaded Trailhawk in any of these dealership inventories. On one hand its frustrating that I don't see one. On the other, I'm somewhat glad that there isn't, since if there was one I'll be upset. (since I'm not ready to buy one now).

But if I was ready to get a Renegade now, I can forgo the Tonneau Cover and get that later on, or the Trailer Group package, but its always either the Power mySky or the Safety & security group package or both that are missing from these dealership lots. Ugh

off topic mode: OFF

Anyway back on topic, like I said, It seems that the only way to get a fully loaded model is by ordering one.

TS

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have received the agreement information from Motability Operations.

It has been approved! Yaayyy!!

So, one Jeep Renegade 1.4 Longitude manual with an advance payment of £495 has been ordered for me. Unfortunately I do not know what colour it will be. Yellow, blue and orange are the three options, yellow the first choice. It all depends, as the demand has been higher than anticipated.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.