Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had this ideia not to loose hight, sorry the pics aren't very good. Will finish the hitch tomorrow and take better pictures. But is very sturdy. One of the pics I raised the back of the car on the hitch, and it didn't moved at all.

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Woah you even made your own ball hitch? Do you plan to tow or bike rack or storage basket? You can plug into the wiring harness with a wiring kit. Good job. Where do you live where they had diesels available?

·
Registered
182 Posts
oopsss

·
Registered
34 Posts
That's beautiful. Great job. I tried to get various shops here to do something like that, but nobody was willing to do the entire thing---plastic body removal and welding---would have taken two different shops. Therefore, I ended up going with Renegade Ready's retrofit kit. Worked great, and just one shop, a body shop, was able to instal, but it is a lot of money.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Woah you even made your own ball hitch? Do you plan to tow or bike rack or storage basket? You can plug into the wiring harness with a wiring kit. Good job. Where do you live where they had diesels available?
The ball I bought, i made only the steel plate suport, I´m planing in making a storage basket, I already made the baggage hack, going to post some pics later on. The eletrical harness I still didn´t make. I live at Brazil, and the 9 gear diesel is awesome!
Thanks for the complemets

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
that looks great but like they said

safety chains go where?
Thanks eveyone!

The safaty chains. About that. I forgot. LOL. Put its easy, just take it out and weld it. thinking in doing undeneath the car inside the bumper with the eletrical harness. Will see!

Hope u guys copy the ideia. Its very easy. didn´t spend 50 bucks doind that. the most dificult part was taking the bumper. Only broke 1 bracket from the fender.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That would be against the law in the uk only oe spec manufactured towbars after 2002 made cars are legal how do you get on in a crash insurance wise as they are big in claiming in the usa. Nice job

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.