Jeep Renegade Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just had the same issue tonight... went out to put some wd40 on the rails as it’s always been a bit temperamental and was sticking and then the roof got stuck open. I tried to reset by holding down the button which didn’t work, then pressed the button to try and open close a few times and a loud click/crack (I thought the glass had gone at first!) and now the motor seems to move but the roof is just stuck open.
Thankfully no rain forecasted tonight, but with garages closed at the moment I have no idea how to get the roof shut.
Anybody have any ideas how to close it manually?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I just solved the same issue on my wife's.

Took me 7 hours of aggravation!

I took the front and rear panel off.

Hit everything in the tracks with compressed air.

Soaked everything with silicon spray from Home Depot

Wiped out the debris and caked on crap I found under and around the springs and tracks and moving parts.

Put grease on a Q-Tip and greased everything

Then it wouldn't go down the last inch!

Put all my weight on the back bar until it latched on both sides.

Then it wouldn't open again!

So I went through the re initializing process again. Voila

(re initializing process is... Hold the open button for about 30 seconds.. Let go for 3 seconds... Hit close button... Then try and open again. Worked out for me)

Also the manual /emergency close does NOT work for me. I can see the screw moving when it'd budge and inch then go back, but it wouldn't work when I tried with an allen wrench or a T25 torx

Good for you! The first time it jammed on me, when I drove home with the beach umbrella covering the open hatch, I tried the vacume and compressed air trick. Cleaned out the tracking and it worked . . . but I was afraid of opening it again. Eventually I began using it again, but it closed very, very slowly. Then, wham, it stuck open again. Even now after replacement, I am terribly cautious and avoid opening it. Now with the defective TPM, I'm ready to call it a Fiat, Fix It Again Tony.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Just had the same issue tonight... went out to put some wd40 on the rails as it’s always been a bit temperamental and was sticking and then the roof got stuck open. I tried to reset by holding down the button which didn’t work, then pressed the button to try and open close a few times and a loud click/crack (I thought the glass had gone at first!) and now the motor seems to move but the roof is just stuck open.
Thankfully no rain forecasted tonight, but with garages closed at the moment I have no idea how to get the roof shut.
Anybody have any ideas how to close it manually?

Sorry to hear, but I believe there is an underlying problem with the MySky tracking system that needs retooling.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah I think you’re right. It’s always been a problem for me, never know if the roof is going close after opening it.
I have the Europe glass roof so no easy way that I can see to just unclip the roof to get into it like the US version and no videos on YouTube with instructions. Dealer is closed because of the virus so I have to pray to the sun gods that they don’t let it rain until I can find somewhere to fix it!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts