Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.

Today my dealer told me they have no news yet about the My Sky availability. He was told that My Sky has been presenting some issues of leaking, I guess some water and air comes inside the car.

They don't know even an estimated date of availability, here in Spain at least. This is sad for all of us waiting for My Sky, but I won't buy the Renegade without this system.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hey guys.

Today my dealer told me they have no news yet about the My Sky availability. He was told that My Sky has been presenting some issues of leaking, I guess some water and air comes inside the car.

They don't know even an estimated date of availability, here in Spain at least. This is sad for all of us waiting for My Sky, but I won't buy the Renegade without this system.
I had a leaking issue in my last jeep... Love having an open roof, but not enough to go through that smelly trial and error diagnosis process.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Hey guys.

Dealers usually are the last to know about what's going on at the factory so take it with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I haven't heard of any leaking on the forum yet. I wonder if it is a defect with the My Sky panels or if people just aren't putting them on properly. A leaky roof is not a very good selling point though, so I hope that isn't a widespread issue that people have to deal with.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I've seen dealerships with in transit vehicles with window stickers with NAV, nav requires the 6.5" screen, so either those VINs are a lie, or 6.5" is in process.
I've already seen a 2015 Jeep Renegade come through here with the uConnect 6.5" Navigation. They're out there.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I wonder if it was a smart trick in an attempt to convince you to just buy one NOW. >:D
I doubt a Sales would expose an issue in the car as an excuse or to make you buy what they have... Usually they don`t speak about issues until you mention them and some would rather beat around the bush...

Therefore the delays + Sales spitting the news is in my opinion a credible news... Wranglers leaked big time and when the Renegade was announced with this cute plastic roof, I thought back then that if I get it, no way I will choose this funky option because the leaking could be an issue considering the history of the Wrangler...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Karamich. Before purchasing the Renegade, I need to sell my current car first, but when it is sold, if My Sky is not among us yet, I am considering a Wrangler with hard top.

I never had a Jeep before so I never heard of leaks on Wrangler. Can I assume that that issue is fixed nowadays? Thanks!

·
Registered
74 Posts
MySky Is Possible As An Ordered Option Now

I was told they are coming out on the 2016 model along with the trailer hitch and 6.5 screen.
I have gone through the build/spec part with a dealer already and they are able to add in the power My Sky without issue. Granted I have not gone through with that dealer as of yet because their pricing is not as good as a dealer over 2hrs away from me...

·
Registered
602 Posts
I have gone through the build/spec part with a dealer already and they are able to add in the power My Sky without issue. Granted I have not gone through with that dealer as of yet because their pricing is not as good as a dealer over 2hrs away from me...
That might be true but has it actually gone into production? There has been several other that have "ordered" the MySky but have to wait 4- 5 months before the order could go in. When I sat down with the dealer yesterday, he had the build sheet but it wont be able to get the order in until fall ( 4-5 months as others) and that when the '16's are due to start production for Oct/ Nov delivery to dealers.

·
Registered
499 Posts
That might be true but has it actually gone into production? There has been several other that have "ordered" the MySky but have to wait 4- 5 months before the order could go in. When I sat down with the dealer yesterday, he had the build sheet but it wont be able to get the order in until fall ( 4-5 months as others) and that when the '16's are due to start production for Oct/ Nov delivery to dealers.
I think 16 weeks was their CYA estimate. I would be surprised if they don't actually start showing up 8-12 weeks which still fit within the '15 MY.

That said, if the vehicle isn't made by the time they have to start retooling the assembly line for the '16 MY, they'll just end up shipping you a '16. They're not going to hold up the line just to make the remaining '15 orders.

What I really think is that since this car came out late, there will be no material difference between '15 and '16. If anything, probably an ECU firmware change to work out some bugs which all models would get through a TSB anyway. Beyond that? *Maybe* a different choice of colors.

Again, speculation on my part, but I've been down this road before.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Sounds like a ploy by the salesmen to speed up a purchase decision. MySky doesn't even appear to be out in the marketplace yet.

Plastics can warp and change shape as they cool once they are pulled out of the molds. If the final product is out of spec, the panel would not form a proper seal between itself and the weatherstripping in the roof openings. If there is any truth to the story, it's more likely the parts supplier to FCA hasn't been able to deliver parts that meet up to expectations causing the delay in production of cars with this option.

For those of you familiar with polymer frame pistols, this is the same reason most polymer pistols have a larger gap at the front of the frame/dust cover (in relation to the slide).

·
Registered
74 Posts
More Frustrating Possible Rumors

No, the car has not gone into production as of yet as I have not finalized the deal with the dealer. So you may be right, I guess.

In addition, I was told by the dealer today -- and I'm taking this with a grain of salt -- is that FAC will only build a certain number of custom orders and then after that its a "we'll make what we want and if it fits your specs that's great, otherwise, you may have to settle with what is available". Honestly, after hearing that, I have pretty much made up my mind to not even work with that particular dealer. That just didn't make ANY sense to me whatsoever.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I think 16 weeks was their CYA estimate. I would be surprised if they don't actually start showing up 8-12 weeks which still fit within the '15 MY.

That said, if the vehicle isn't made by the time they have to start retooling the assembly line for the '16 MY, they'll just end up shipping you a '16. They're not going to hold up the line just to make the remaining '15 orders.

What I really think is that since this car came out late, there will be no material difference between '15 and '16. If anything, probably an ECU firmware change to work out some bugs which all models would get through a TSB anyway. Beyond that? *Maybe* a different choice of colors.

Again, speculation on my part, but I've been down this road before.
I agree. The '15 is too new for any changes at this time. I would suspect some small changes for '17 with a major in '18.

With that being said it's not up to Fiat the dividing line between '15 & '16..... From what I understand, the Renegade was delayed because of the 9 speed transmission issues which delayed certification for the States. What I have been told could be completely wrong, but it would make sense on why the choices have been limited as far as colors and options because Fiat wanted to maintain a '15 release date.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Karamich. Before purchasing the Renegade, I need to sell my current car first, but when it is sold, if My Sky is not among us yet, I am considering a Wrangler with hard top.

I never had a Jeep before so I never heard of leaks on Wrangler. Can I assume that that issue is fixed nowadays? Thanks!

Being an owner of a 2002 Wrangler and a member of a few Jeep forums, I can attest to the leaks on the vehicle. It stinks, but it is something I've learned to deal with. Mine will leak on the passenger side as well as the rear window/door. Now they might have them fixed on the brand new models IDK.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.