Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to get the little sun roof visor to be up when the panels are off?Every time I take the panels off, if I'm riding with the windows up, there is a very very loud noise from the wind that rattles the entire car. But with a window down, the noise gets more quiet. If that visor would be up, the noise wouldn't be there. Just like when the sunroof is open, if you manually push the little visor down you'll hear the noise I'm talking about going down the road.

· Registered
607 Posts
Is there a way to get the little sun roof visor to be up when the panels are off?Every time I take the panels off, if I'm riding with the windows up, there is a very very loud noise from the wind that rattles the entire car. But with a window down, the noise gets more quiet. If that visor would be up, the noise wouldn't be there. Just like when the sunroof is open, if you manually push the little visor down you'll hear the noise I'm talking about going down the road.
I'm with you buddy, I think there should be a way to get the little visor to pop up when mysky is removed because that would eliminate the helicopter noise the car makes with mysky off and all the windows rolled up.

· Registered
87 Posts
Just crack the windows slightly, especially the windows on the rear doors and some of the wind buffeting will go away. A vehicle with flat sides and a generally boxy shape is going to buffet no matter what you do; you can only reduce the noise and annoyance slightly. I have the MySky as well and hear and feel the same sensation. I knew if before I purchased the Renegade this would be an issue. I just live with it as the open air feeling and cool design is more important to me

· Registered
21 Posts
My Sky Wind Deflector?

Hi all,

I opened up my panels for the first time today. The weather was amazing, Florida if finally cooling down to a nice 75 degrees. ?

Anyways, upon hopping on the highway on my way home I realized the middle section of the headliner (the part covering the roll bar) would flap about starting at about 45-50 mph.

Is there some sort of wind deflector of my sky or something I can do to remedy this?

I know somebody will say to stay off the highways, but I live in the city (Miami) and highways are a way of life around here.

Any input would be appreciated!

· Registered
607 Posts
Hi all,

I opened up my panels for the first time today. The weather was amazing, Florida if finally cooling down to a nice 75 degrees. ?

Anyways, upon hopping on the highway on my way home I realized the middle section of the headliner (the part covering the roll bar) would flap about starting at about 45-50 mph.

Is there some sort of wind deflector of my sky or something I can do to remedy this?

I know somebody will say to stay off the highways, but I live in the city (Miami) and highways are a way of life around here.

Any input would be appreciated!
I know exactly what you mean, I test drove one with mysky and took the panels off, and when we hit the highway it sounded like there was a helicopter above us.

I posted about this earlier and someone said that if you crack a window it diffuses the airflow over the car and reduces or takes away the helicopter effect. Unnfortunatley Jeep engineered the mysky so that the windscreen only pops up if the front panel is in "sunroof" mode. And if you have manual only mysky, then there is no windscreen at all.

· Registered
70 Posts
The noise is the headliner vibrating. The middle bar between panels catches air and the headliner vibrates there. Cracking the rear windows helps, a visor might help too. I've thought about securing the headliner to help. I don't mind the noise since it only affects me at 60+ mph.

· Registered
21 Posts
Yeah, that's what I figured.

For the record, I tried windows in different positions. All the way down, 50%, and cracked open. All produced the same results.

I'm not so much bothered with the noise. (That's what the radio is for!) As I am bothered by the middle panel (The one covering the roll bar) flapping about like a madman.

I'm also worried what it would look like down the line after be thrashed around a few hundred miles. :|

· Registered
1 Posts
noise in the winter

hi
I just got my new Renegade about a week ago and winter just arrive so it is very cold and driving to work this morning for a few minutes I heard this cranking and popping sounds from the roof ( I think, it might be the skyveiw adjusting to cold ? it was parked in a garage ), did any of you experience that ?

· Registered
138 Posts
Open roof noise insight

I remember reading lots of posts about people getting noise when removing the panel and why doesn't the power screen come up when it's removed. I was just looking through the owners manual and saw a note in it that there is a piece you have to purchase if you are going to remove the panel, doesn't say what the peice is though.

· Registered
261 Posts
I have the electrical glass sunroof (dual pane), where the front panel can be electrically opened and "rest" over the back one.

When I open the sunroof, something like a short barrier (like a very thick net) is automatically risen on the front of the opening (to prevent the tunnel effect).
I believe this is what your manual refers to. You probably just have to buy it and install it yourself everytime you take out your front panel. I will try to get a photo.

You can see it in this video, from 0.41 to 0.45 as it hides itself when the front panel closes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcmTGV1-LvI

· Registered
715 Posts
Or why they didn't design the screen to pop up with auto or removed. Not just auto. Esp if the manual says that 'part' needs to be installed when there is already one in place ??

· Registered
302 Posts
I think the "part" is integral to the forward hatch and is removed when the hatch is. Aftermarket wind deflectors are available but it would have been nice if Jeep had included them in the design from the beginning. I guess I'll have to wait until my TH arrives to decide if the noise is annoying enough to install a deflector.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.