Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week we had, here in northern italy, a great edition of the Jeepers Meeting (529 cars, european record according to Jeep!). First time for (a few) Renegades among Wranglers and other beasts, and these are the blue trails (and some red) from my Trailhawk (with stock european tires: Goodyear Vector 4Season 215/60 R17 :( ).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFgFDDXD2C4

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
404 Posts
Last week we had, here in northern italy, a great edition of the Jeepers Meeting (529 cars, european record according to Jeep!). First time for (a few) Renegades among Wranglers and other beasts, and these are the blue trails (and some red) from my Trailhawk (with stock european tires: Goodyear Vector 4Season 215/60 R17 :( ).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFgFDDXD2C4
Looks like fun! I'll have to research trails in my area... :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool video! What type of reactions/responses were you getting from all the other Jeep owners there?
Mixed reactions, actually.
There was a pack of Renegades in the booth area (Jeep official booth, G-Force booth, etc.) but there were just 4 Renegades on the trails, including mine.
So we are still a 'rare beast'.
I've seen a lot of interest from – let's say – "genuine" enthusiasts (including the one who asked me to follow him on a short red trail – while he was on a heavily tuned CJ, and when I passed the ride he yelled and celebrated :)), from bystanders ("Hey dude, it's a stock car!", "Yes, I know!" ;)) and other guys.
I also had the chance to "eavesdrop" on some people talking about our Trailhawks, and I heard a lot of good stuff about how they/we performed.

But it was like they where not so interested in us, to be honest. That's basically because there a lot of clubs attending that kind of Meetings, so they are all in their inner circle, so to speak.
I also had some unsolicited comments about the name: "What a shame they called it 'Renegade', 'Renegade' is a completely different and glorious Jeep and blablabla". Yeah, ok, if you have a problem with the name, you can call it whatever you want to :D

Overall, a great experience.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I watched the video on YT last night and found this post today. I really enjoyed watching it (twice). Too bad there weren't some external shots to get a different view. I'm pretty impressed with what I've seen and can't wait to finally get one. I hope you have more videos coming in the future.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm pretty impressed with what I've seen and can't wait to finally get one.
I was impressed by my own car too.
I had the feeling we got not even close to the engine/transmission/tires limits, it was like we had a lot more of the "performance envelope" to be explored...
And I was running with stock tires, 215/60 17...
A guy with the 65/16 A/T made a great performance on the rocks, too (a red/black ride for non-stock Jeeps).

I think that with better off-road tires, a stock Trailhawk will find its *only* limit in the ground clearance...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Looks Like FUN!!!!

Thanks for posting the video. That looked like a lot of fun. I live in the US and they have a similar event in Butler county PA. I was wondering if I showed up in my TH, if I would be shamed or welcomed. I figured a mix of both, but you def confirmed my suspicions. For those who don't like it, their problem, not mine!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks for posting the video. That looked like a lot of fun. I live in the US and they have a similar event in Butler county PA. I was wondering if I showed up in my TH, if I would be shamed or welcomed. I figured a mix of both, but you def confirmed my suspicions. For those who don't like it, their problem, not mine!
Looks like there is a red renegade in the picture on their site (http://www.bantamjeepfestival.com/), so hopefully there will be more next year. I am only 4+ hours away, so I may go myself. :)

·
Registered
753 Posts
What an awesome video! And looks like it was a hella-ton-of-fun, :)

I love the looks of some of the folks as you drove by. Like they're not sure what they're looking at, :)

One of my favorite parts, when the tricked-out Wrangler had to stop, back up, and keep going - assuming because he couldn't make the sharp turn. And then you just zipped right through the turn in one clean shot, :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ehehe, true, with the Unlimited you need to reverse a lot in our kind of offroad trails (quite different from typical US offroad trials).
Anyway, along with great drivers on unleashed Jeeps doing incredible stuff, you had a lot of weekend warriors using their rides offroad one day a year. What a waste of Wranglers :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.