Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2018 renegade with 22000 miles. I have been having issues with Uconnect since day one. It freezes,, shuts off,, stays on,, no rear camera audible sensor, and more.. It's been at the dealer 5 or 6 times and it is at the dealer now and they can't replicate my issue. What can I do to resolve this?
Yes, I have searched the forums and internet. I filed a complaint with NTSB.
Please help.

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Renegade Limited AWD 2.4L
697 Posts
I have a 2018 renegade with 22000 miles. I have been having issues with Uconnect since day one. It freezes,, shuts off,, stays on,, no rear camera audible sensor, and more.. It's been at the dealer 5 or 6 times and it is at the dealer now and they can't replicate my issue. What can I do to resolve this?
Please help.
That’s upsetting. Here’s some ideas:

-input VIN directly at UConnect website to see any available updates and update accordingly.
-disconnect negative battery cable for 15-20 minutes or so to reset the computer.
-replace the unit with a new one

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I have checked for upgrades and it's up to date. The dealership won't replace saying there isnt anything wrong with it. They can't replicate.

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Keep a log of every fault that occurs, time it happened and a quick description of the road and weather conditions.

Once you have a small compilation of faults then I would approach the Dealership and be a little more forecful but pleasant with them. Especially as you are forearmed with facts and figures. They cannot just ignore evidence and don't let them peeve you off if you are a female as some are known to be quite sexist in that regard.

Have a look around the forum and you will likely find numerous people with the same faults and possible short term remedies. Take a screenshot of the faults and replies. Build up another compilation of evidence and I defy any Dealership to fob you off. Immediately upon arrival at the Dealership ask for the Manager and be prepared to wait on the premises till they come skulking out of the Office having drank 3 cups of coffee in the hope that you would vacate their premises. If they prove to be usless or uncooperative then inform them that you are escalating the fault to their Area Manager. Have a pre-drafted complaint in hand and serve the Manager with it. Send a second one to Head Office and watch the sh1t fly.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I recently locked my radio up. I was pressing on the selection buttons too quickly which caused it to freeze. Screen was on XM but no audio. Couldn't turn it off, select another feature or anything, all buttons non-responsive. When I shut the Jeep off, the screen remained on, but still no audio. About 20 minutes later I checked it, the display was blank. Started the Jeep, the radio worked as usual. Hasn't acted up since (2 weeks), we'll see....

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Renegade Limited AWD 2.4L
697 Posts
Keep a log of every fault that occurs, time it happened and a quick description of the road and weather conditions.

Once you have a small compilation of faults then I would approach the Dealership and be a little more forecful but pleasant with them. Especially as you are forearmed with facts and figures. They cannot just ignore evidence and don't let them peeve you off if you are a female as some are known to be quite sexist in that regard.

Have a look around the forum and you will likely find numerous people with the same faults and possible short term remedies. Take a screenshot of the faults and replies. Build up another compilation of evidence and I defy any Dealership to fob you off. Immediately upon arrival at the Dealership ask for the Manager and be prepared to wait on the premises till they come skulking out of the Office having drank 3 cups of coffee in the hope that you would vacate their premises. If they prove to be usless or uncooperative then inform them that you are escalating the fault to their Area Manager. Have a pre-drafted complaint in hand and serve the Manager with it. Send a second one to Head Office and watch the sh1t fly.
Great idea!

And record videos of it happening as well.

·
Registered
2018 Renegade Latitude
100 Posts
Great idea!

And record videos of it happening as well.
It's hard to believe but a lot of dealer service departments probably won't accept your video or detailed record keeping as proof of issues. Their "We can't replicate the issue and there is no trouble code" is one way they try to sidestep an intermittent problem that will require a lot of time to troubleshoot. (their profit margin goes down) They rely on their code scanners to tell them what part to replace instead of figuring out what the problem really is.
But I agree with puddlesplasher and JasoninDLH. Overwhelm them with physical proof in the form of documented instances and photos/videos. If it is still under warranty going in with the attitude of hopeless desperation first and maybe slowly building to the escalation level might prove fruitful. Above all remain polite, levelheaded, calm, and logical. Keep us informed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's hard to believe but a lot of dealer service departments probably won't accept your video or detailed record keeping as proof of issues. Their "We can't replicate the issue and there is no trouble code" is one way they try to sidestep an intermittent problem that will require a lot of time to troubleshoot. (their profit margin goes down) They rely on their code scanners to tell them what part to replace instead of figuring out what the problem really is.
But I agree with puddlesplasher and JasoninDLH. Overwhelm them with physical proof in the form of documented instances and photos/videos. If it is still under warranty going in with the attitude of hopeless desperation first and maybe slowly building to the escalation level might prove fruitful. Above all remain polite, levelheaded, calm, and logical. Keep us informed.
I have been polite and accommodating. This is the third day they have had my jeep. They still don't find anything wrong but I'm blessed that they are still trying.

·
Registered
2018 Renegade Latitude
100 Posts
I have been polite and accommodating. This is the third day they have had my jeep. They still don't find anything wrong but I'm blessed that they are still trying.
Big sad puppy dog eyes usually worked for my wife but I could never pull it off. If I sound jaded about service departments it's because of too much experience with them. I worked in the communications industry and was often reprimanded by my supervisor for taking too much time to repair a problem. The "Band-Aid" solution of just patch it and move on to the next trouble report never sat well with me. Happy customers did because a happy customer is a customer you keep! There usually is one tech in the shop who knows their stuff and seems to work miracles. Hopefully your issue was assigned to him.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Last summer I started having issues with my radio. XM would cut out and not play, nav would quit in the middle of a trip or wouldn’t know position of vehicle. XM finally quit all together and nav couldn’t give directions because it didn’t know where I was. Dealer replaced whole Uconnect system.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Please help.
Hello,

We want to make sure you have a more positive Uconnect experience moving forward. If you'd like our additional support while working with your dealer, please feel free to send our team a private message! We'd be happy to look into it.

Courtney
Jeep Cares

1 - 11 of 11 Posts