Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did some googling and looking on this site but no luck.

I would like to be able to take my MySky panels off in the morning, drive to work, leave my car in the parking lot all day and then drive home and put them back on. My concerns are unexpected rain and bird poop. Any ideas on ways to cover the holes that are not quite as ******* as just throwing a tarp over the Jeep?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I saw that one. it would take care of the bird poop problem but not rain. My main issue with that is that it appears to take longer to put on than it would to just put the MySky panels back on, which kind of defeats the purpose.
The shade is a pain to take on and off. I put my shade on when the forecast has things clear for 3+ days in a row. But honestly, I can get the panels on and off in like 2 minutes. If you're that concerned, and there's no shade that works for you, just do that. It's so easy.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I put a 5-layer waterproof heavy duty car cover on mine everyday at work and it sits in the parking lot at work. People used to think I was crazy and laugh at me but they are used to it now. I did it on my other car, my Nissan 350z for the past 6 years and it has helped preserve the paint immensely. I do it to protect the rubber seals, headlights, plastic areas, and paint from fading, yellowing and cracking in the sun, but it would also keep rain out if I wanted to leave my mysky panels off. It takes me about 45 seconds to put the cover on my renegade by myself, it does help that I am 6'4", but also I got a vehicle specific cover that was made for my renegade, and it has mirror pockets, which is how I am able to put it on myself, as I put the mirror pockets on the mirrors first and they "anchor" the cover in place as I spread it out to cover the rest of the vehicle. The cover cost $83 from xtremecover pro on eBay, I have used them for the last 6 years. Great covers and much cheaper than anyone else for what you get.

Reactions: txjeeper35

·
Registered
607 Posts
Nice! I am 6'7 so putting on the cover would not be much of an issue. I am going to look into that!
Being 6'7" you should not have any problems! I do also unscrew the rear antenna everytime also and put it in the little mesh holder thing in the rear while the cover is on, if you leave the antenna on, it either bends or pokes the cover which could lead the the antenna breaking or poking a hole in the cover.

Here you go:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-JEEP-R...ash=item3f62bb8183:g:odsAAOSw~oFXMnPI&vxp=mtr

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.