Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I LOVE taking off the MySky panels. I HATE putting them back on. Sometimes they go back on with the first try. Other times it takes me 10 minutes to get them back on. Tonight in the dark, I was so frustrated I just gave up and came inside. Does anyone care to share their tips for getting these things on a little easier?

Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
211 Posts
So, I LOVE taking off the MySky panels. I HATE putting them back on. Sometimes they go back on with the first try. Other times it takes me 10 minutes to get them back on. Tonight in the dark, I was so frustrated I just gave up and came inside. Does anyone care to share their tips for getting these things on a little easier?

Thanks,
Tom
I find it easier to get em into place if you get em in the general position from above and then go inside the Jeep and movie it into the exact right spot.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I find it easier to get em into place if you get em in the general position from above and then go inside the Jeep and movie it into the exact right spot.
What is the exact right position?. I can't see **** from the inside. Tilt the end with lever down first? Does it matter if you do front or back first? I try to get the hooks at the rear in the right place but then the lip of the latch it not right....ugh. I went back out tonight and I can get the lever closed but there is still a .5 inch gap between ceiling and panel. Also, a gap when viewing the top of the roof from outside, between the two panels. Maybe its too dark to tell...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Love the Renegade, would think twice about buying the My Sky option if I had to do it over again. Fun when off, can be pain to put back on. Just need patience is what I found over the year since I purchased the Renegade. Would I do it again, no....

·
Registered
211 Posts
What is the exact right position?. I can't see **** from the inside. Tilt the end with lever down first? Does it matter if you do front or back first? I try to get the hooks at the rear in the right place but then the lip of the latch it not right....ugh. I went back out tonight and I can get the lever closed but there is still a .5 inch gap between ceiling and panel. Also, a gap when viewing the top of the roof from outside, between the two panels. Maybe its too dark to tell...
line up the colors.

I just made a video showing how easy it is to do. I will upload it here once it's finish uploading to youtube. I did the quickest little video, if you need more help I can make a second video from the inside showing exactly what I did.

Love the Renegade, would think twice about buying the My Sky option if I had to do it over again. Fun when off, can be pain to put back on. Just need patience is what I found over the year since I purchased the Renegade. Would I do it again, no....
It's actually super easy to put on. I'm about to post video showing how easy.

Video is almost done

Thanks,
Tom

https://youtu.be/LUzTp7uQLF4
As promised, here's a video showing how quick these go in when you know what to do. If you want another video showing it from the inside just let me know. I'd do it outside with better lighting but it's raining and snowing here on long Island today.

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
404 Posts

Thanks,
Tom
It should get easier with practice. Once you get a feel for how they fit in the tracks it's easier to put 'em back on.

Reactions: erkmadhatter

·
Registered
211 Posts
thanks! I think i got it down
Excellent. Just keep at it. The more you do it the more you will get comfortable with it. The best advice I could give you is just not to overthink it. If you get too crazy trying to line it up from the outside you will drive yourself nuts. Just place it however, and move it into the right position from the inside. It really does take like 30 seconds once you got the hang of it. The hardest part for me is getting the panels in and out of the way too small carrying case.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yeah..getting the panels on is nothing to get anxious over. It's not something that would deter you from taking them off whenever you felt like it. Sometimes the clip prematurely gets caught on the piece of metal and you have to work it back off, other than that if you read the manuals for instruction and watch videos like this gentleman has posted, and get the hang of it, you can reinstall both of them in a minute if all goes well.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've never had issues. I make sure the hooks are in the slots, then push forward or back depending on which panel Im putting it. Get inside and flip the latch. I take them off and reinstall them in a combined 90 seconds.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.