Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed that you are unable to build a Renegade with the MySky roof system. What a shame. Is this the case worldwide or only the US?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just noticed that you are unable to build a Renegade with the MySky roof system. What a shame. Is this the case worldwide or only the US?
My daughter in-law asked me to fix hers. Screw drives and plastic parts were duking it out. No winners, looks expensive to fix and risky. I doubt that your average dealership would have the experience to fix it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Those retractable roofs have a very short lifespan.
Had a 2009 Liberty with the Sky Slider roof. In 2015 the damn thing came free from the track. Jeep wanted $5000 to fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,666 Posts
In Europe it was only offered as an option on the TH, DH or standard on the 75th.

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Renegade, Latitude, 2.4L 4x4, black, 9 speed automatic, MySky
393 Posts
Got a 2015 with the MySky. Many people including myself had the exact same problem of some clips snapping apart that Jeep didn't sell by themselves and required a total roof replacement to fix. About a $2000 quote from the dealership. Someone found the clips on Ailexpress for $40 and they finally came in for me so I'm gonna look into that soon. Hopefully not too many specialty tools are required. I guess the MySky was just too problematic for most people. I've had 3 different leading edge roof panels in my 2 years of ownership when one was warped and another flew off on the highway. I still love it despite the motorized sunroof breaking shortly after purchase. I still can remove the panels with ease and they hold a watertight seal.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just traded my '18 Trailhawk (MySky, 2.4L) for a '21 Trailhawk (Panoramic, 1.3L). IMO, they corrected two weak points with the new model. My trade had an open Chrysler Star Case for the MySky sunroof getting stuck when opened and it was also in the oil consumption protocol for the Tigershark engine.

I'm sure that the panoramic sunroof uses a very similar mechanism for opening and closing, so I'll still be nervous about that. But at least if it gets to the point where it no longer opens, I'll still be able to see through it! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts