Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Jeep back from the dealership after having the front MySky housing replaced. It already has to go back to the dealership because they did not install the headliner correctly but I also noticed that the rubber piece between the front and rear panels is warped. Would this concern you?

· Registered
358 Posts
I don't have MySky (I don't even have my Renegade yet), but yes, that would concern me.

See what happens after a good day or two in the hot sun, to see if the rubber relaxes into proper shape. Otherwise, I'd be talking to the dealer--this is not what I'd want to see on a new car.

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't have MySky (I don't even have my Renegade yet), but yes, that would concern me.

See what happens after a good day or two in the hot sun, to see if the rubber relaxes into proper shape. Otherwise, I'd be talking to the dealer--this is not what I'd want to see on a new car.
I am already going to bring it in because they screwed up the headliner when they replaced the MySky.

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Since they already know whats going on I am going to give them one more chance. They seem to be trying to accommodate me. I brought it in on a tuesday and they told me the parts would not be in until friday, when I told them I work wednesday to sunday and bringing it back on friday would be very inconvenient if not impossible, so they gave me a loaner car on tuesday even though they would not start working on the jeep until friday. Then it took them 5 days to fix the jeep instead of the one day they had predicted. That made it so I would not be able to pick it up on my day off, I told them that it was unacceptable for them to expect me to try to get to their dealership after i got off work they agreed to drop the Jeep off at my work and pick up the loaner. So the service manager has done a good job of trying to make me happy, I am just not too thrilled with his employees so far.

· Premium Member
3,154 Posts
The service manager needs to see what is going on. Whoever signed the work off needs to shape up. If I had done that at Renault, I would have been in the sh!t for it and rightly so.

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The service manager needs to see what is going on. Whoever signed the work off needs to shape up. If I had done that at Renault, I would have been in the sh!t for it and rightly so.
They are closed today but I left a message on the service managers voicemail saying that I would like to drop it off in the morning and I would appreciate if he called me when he got in. I also said "To be honest I am amazed that I would get it back like this since I noticed it the second I opened the door."

· Registered
28 Posts
I have to have the front molding replaced on mine also, ordered it last Monday and it's apparently on back order with just one other on order, also I couldn't believe the price of that simple part, it's 450, thank gosh for warranties!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

you were right! when i got out of work today the rubber was back to the proper shape!

I still have to go to the dealership to fix the headliner.

· Registered
1,633 Posts
Ask them politely to fix it correctly and to use one of their better mechanics. I wouldn't accept that on a new car.

· Registered
358 Posts
Yeah, when I saw the issue with the headliner, that's just not on. I'd give 'em a chance...you never know what happened, guy got a phonecall that his wife's in labour or his kid's been arrested or whatever...I assume that got left unfinished for a reason, could happen but any decent mechanic would feel terrible about it and want the chance to fix it right.

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well turns out I was making a big deal about nothing. It took them 20 seconds to tuck the headliner back into the weatherstripping surrounding the door, the rubber piece between the panels actually relaxed back into its proper shape after sitting in the sun all day, and they ordered me a new side view mirror without blinking an eye. I was in and out of the dealership in under 5 minutes. I have to go back at some point when the mirror comes in but I have a feeling that wont be a big deal to install. Now I kind of feel like a dick.

· Registered
358 Posts
Glad it worked out for ya. I'm sure the headliner issue was simply an oversight. If I was a service mgr there, I'd welcome the opportunity to make things right for you (hey, every problem is an opportunity, they say)--but then I'd tear a strip off the guy who let it go out like that!

· Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Glad it worked out for ya. I'm sure the headliner issue was simply an oversight. If I was a service mgr there, I'd welcome the opportunity to make things right for you (hey, every problem is an opportunity, they say)--but then I'd tear a strip off the guy who let it go out like that!
I agree with that.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.