Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well this sucks. My wife is on a roadtrip in the renegade and she just called me with this issue below. Anyone run into this issue before?

We've only fully removed the front mysky system 3 times since we've owned the vehicle (been 6 months). I have yet to see the problem myself since she's on the road still but she just sent a few pictures to see if I could diagnose this.

She removed the back roof just fine and made her way to the front to do the same removal procedure. When she twisted the unlock key this is exactly what popped off and what she ended up with:

Link to album, and you can also view the attachments below - http://imgur.com/a/wCxkP

This is for the front roof, which also automatically retracts as a power sunroof. She uses the power sunroof almost daily, but like I said this is only the 3rd time it's ever been manually fully removed, and this break is what occurred.

Any ideas and/or anyone have experience with this?

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Question.... When the yellow piece is broken can the panel still be reattached? That would REALLY suck if it couldn't and the part couldn't be obtained. I would consider the Jeep undrivable since any weather would cause a lot of damage.

I have a 2016 with manual MySky and have removed the panels at least a dozen times, luckily this has not happened yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You should be able to take it in and out just fine (albeit with an extra step). AFAIK, the lever does two things: covers the security torx hole so that you can't pop the key into it while retracted, and so you can't close the mechanism just by swinging the handle while removed (you must depress the blue/yellow lever to do so). It may be necessary to manually slide the remaining bit towards the passenger side to get the key in for future removal. Without going outside and testing it, I can't see why the roof wouldn't open automatically either... anybody care to say whether or not that's the case?

On another note, I found this while investigating another issue: my front panel was NOT closing tight no matter what I did and I popped the cover off of the mechanism (pretty easily with a flat head screwdriver) and found out that trunnions on the hook/grabby-bit were not going into their guides, but instead gravity was pulling them down away from the panel. All it takes now is a little nudge on occasion and it works flawlessly. I open my roof multiple times daily and remove them at least weekly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My new 2016 was delivered from the dealer last week with this piece broken off! They are supposed to have the part in this week for the repair. The power sliding works OK, just can't remove the panel till fixed.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Should be under warranty I would think.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.