Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Coming from a Wrangler I loved having the roof off, but hated the direct sun. I had a spider shade and absolutely loved it.

https://www.spiderwebshade.com/

Has anyone seen anything comparable? It would be perfect for the Renegade, I wouldn't have to worry about putting the tops on at work and such.
So you had a custom sunroof installed im guessing?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So you had a custom sunroof installed im guessing?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Ahh, no. Sorry I wasn't very detailed. I have my sky. It would be nice to get a similar shade to stretch across the opening. The spider shade let the perfect amount of sun and wind through.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Coming from a Wrangler I loved having the roof off, but hated the direct sun. I had a spider shade and absolutely loved it.

https://www.spiderwebshade.com/

Has anyone seen anything comparable? It would be perfect for the Renegade, I wouldn't have to worry about putting the tops on at work and such.
I talked to these guys at Jeep Beach last weekend and I'm going to stop by their shop in the next couple of weeks to see if they can fab something up for me. I'll let them know I have interested parties (depending on price of course) if they can do it.

Interested?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I talked to these guys at Jeep Beach last weekend and I'm going to stop by their shop in the next couple of weeks to see if they can fab something up for me. I'll let them know I have interested parties (depending on price of course) if they can do it.

Interested?
Heck yeah I am, I love their products. Let me know. I would love to be able to leave the tops off at work and such, this would fit the bill perfect.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
You can reach out to gearshade in Florida
Tell William Colin from forbiddenjeeps sent you
I bet he can do something up fast
I have had him do custom work for me and it was all just over the phone and mesurments sent via email
Great service
Fast
And great product

Reactions: SemperFi

·
Registered
55 Posts
Have an appointment with them on Tuesday to come over so they can take a look at my renegade. They said it doesn't sound too promising since there really isn't anything to hook them to. But I'm going to see if they can fab up something like this. This is the front the black are grommets the lighter shade of orange is two layers (reinforced seams). The headliner is pretty much held on with the really industrial hard velcro type fasteners. I was thinking of getting more industrial strength velcro and sewing some small plastic d rings to it. Hook side on the inside of the headliner with adhesive, D Rings sewn to the loop side. The industrial velcro adhesive back sticks really well when you follow the instuctions and let it cure overnight before putting weight on it. So the bungee ball fasteners they use will hook to the D rings on the top (hidden) part of the headliner.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Have an appointment with them on Tuesday to come over so they can take a look at my renegade. They said it doesn't sound too promising since there really isn't anything to hook them to. But I'm going to see if they can fab up something like this. This is the front the black are grommets the lighter shade of orange is two layers (reinforced seams). The headliner is pretty much held on with the really industrial hard velcro type fasteners. I was thinking of getting more industrial strength velcro and sewing some small plastic d rings to it. Hook side on the inside of the headliner with adhesive, D Rings sewn to the loop side. The industrial velcro adhesive back sticks really well when you follow the instuctions and let it cure overnight before putting weight on it. So the bungee ball fasteners they use will hook to the D rings on the top (hidden) part of the headliner.
What about the roof rails? they can use the same bungie style fasteners.2 in the front, 2 in the middle and 2 in the back? If I am going to have the tops off, I am not going to have anything on my racks.

·
Registered
97 Posts
(meh i missed the 10 minute edit window...)

cuz although I like SemperFi's external idea via the roof rails, I am thinking it would make the cabin noisier at highway speed. (i.e., the wind cutting in under the shade and into the cabin). although I have never had my tops off at highway speed to see how it sounds naturally. does my concern make sense?--or would that not make any difference?

·
Registered
55 Posts

cuz although I like SemperFi's external idea via the roof rails, I am thinking it would make the cabin noisier at highway speed. (i.e., the wind cutting in under the shade and into the cabin). although I have never had my tops off at highway speed to see how it sounds naturally. does my concern make sense?--or would that not make any difference?
That's why I wanted to try to do it internally. Cause in the JK/TJ/CJ it's behind the windshield/rollbar so it doesn't catch air and bring it in. Plus there is nothing in the middle on the Renegade to attach to, IE footman loop in the other jeeps.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Im not sure if all cars come with that little wind deflector that pops up, but it would probably line up with that thing almost flush. Highway speeds it is hit and miss. Sometimes it is really noisy, other times its not so bad. Nothing a little crank on the radio volume cant compensate for.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.