Jeep Renegade Forum banner
41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
It really is awesome how quickly something can get done wants the ball get rolling.

EdsJeep, this is going to catch on really quick, thanks for stepping up and being the guinea pig!
You're welcome, I knew I wanted to have that option of having open air but not have the sun beating on me. My JK/TJ friends are equally impressed I got it done so quickly. And they're the ones who introduced me to the Spiderweb Shade guys.

·
Registered
97 Posts
You're welcome, I knew I wanted to have that option of having open air but not have the sun beating on me. My JK/TJ friends are equally impressed I got it done so quickly. And they're the ones who introduced me to the Spiderweb Shade guys.

As a bald guy, my head thanks you! haha!
My gf tells me to just wear a hat, but I am not a hat wearer too often.
I will def be getting one of these (hopefully) soon!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I bought one, I like it a lot but I do find the two front corner attachments a bit difficult, maybe it'll get easier the more I do it. If it weren't for those two corners I could get it on in no time, really.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I bought one, I like it a lot but I do find the two front corner attachments a bit difficult, maybe it'll get easier the more I do it. If it weren't for those two corners I could get it on in no time, really.

The bungies will loosen up a little with use. I had the same thing with my Rubicon the first few times I used it. Now I can do it in no time.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I used the curved pick out of this set to make those two corners easier, I can usually put mine on in like 10 minutes.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've been thinking about getting one of these so I'm just curious what the most time consuming aspect of putting it on is? I've seen estimations from "no time at all" to "10 minutes". Is it stretching the bungee to the corners, getting it in position, etc.?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I've been thinking about getting one of these so I'm just curious what the most time consuming aspect of putting it on is? I've seen estimations from "no time at all" to "10 minutes". Is it stretching the bungee to the corners, getting it in position, etc.?
There's really only one aspect to putting it on, and thats feeding the bungies through the small openings on the roof of the car. I've only taken it on and off twice so far, it is kind of annoying, but it seems like something I'll get the hang of. It took me like, 20 minutes to do it the first time, and then only 10 the next time. There are 10 bungies in total, 4 long ones for each corner, 4 mediums ones for the sides and then 2 short ones for the front and back. I find the mediums length ones to be the most annoying

41 - 60 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.