Jeep Renegade Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got a 2015 Trailhawk. We had some great weather here yesterday and had the sunroof open. When I got home it would close halfway then open and seem to really be struggling to close around halfway. After about 30 minutes of messing with it I finally got it to close with a little assistance. Less than 1000 miles to warranty expiration I was able to get it in and get the mileage documented and an appointment setup. Anyone experienced anything like this?
I had the same issue, but I didn't catch it in time to use my warranty. The dealership charged me $700 to replace the motor and then told me I had to replace the rails which were another $1200. Told them I will just no use the sunroof. Not paying $1900 to replace something I hardly used. I should of been smart and opted out of the sky view. Definitely not worth the issues.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I had the same issue, but I didn't catch it in time to use my warranty. The dealership charged me $700 to replace the motor and then told me I had to replace the rails which were another $1200. Told them I will just no use the sunroof. Not paying $1900 to replace something I hardly used. I should of been smart and opted out of the sky view. Definitely not worth the issues.
Before I traded the white 15 in for a black 19 I found that opening the sun roof and using a can of compressed air to clear the tracks and then manually closing the roof with the key would some how "reset/fix" the issue. I had the issue one more time after they fixed it under warranty but the warranty had expired by this point. You may try this and see if it works.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts