Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I have a 2016 75th Anniversary Renegade with the MySky option and love it thus far. The removable roof was a huge selling point for me, I'd love a Wrangler but for the miles I drive every year not worth the added expense for gas/tires/etc.... The Renegade was an absolute perfect fit. I live in New England and the stretches of warm/dry weather are finally upon us. I've taken off the roof once thus far and also gotten it back on. It's easy and straightforward, maybe takes a minute or two to complete. So finally my question is..... Would anyone have concerns with removing/putting back their MySky roof many times? What I mean is, if I'm willing to take the roof off as much as I can and put it back up as soon as it cools down or rain is in the forecast should I be worried about some aspect of it wearing out? I could foresee myself removing/replacing the roof a few times a week this summer, is the roof deigned for this level of use?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I sure hope it is - I plan to do the same! I must admit - the clips don't look really robust, but if I have any problem or issue, I'll be heading to the dealer for a warranty replacement!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whoa, just poked around on line and if I'm reading it right the panels (OEM part) are over $1200 EACH!! I really hope I'm reading it wrong, there's not much to them, mine are NOT the powered ones. Glad I got the extended warranty should an issue arise. Does this sound right?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see the parts diagram and parts 2 and 3 are the panels themselves. What I cant't determine is if the hardware on the underside of the panel (the hooks) are replaceable themselves, or should they bend/break would I have to purchase an entire panel (again parts 2 and 3 in the diagram) for $1200. I'm 99.99% my worries are completely unfounded and everything will be fine. But I'd be a lot less paranoid on how I pack the panels in the bag if I knew I could simply replace the hardware on the panel if a hook should ever bend, etc....

·
Registered
20 Posts
I also have a 2016 75th... I took the tops
Off once. While doing so, I leaned the rear top against the edge of the roof to get a better grip on it and as I took it away I noticed it caused a small tear in the headliner. I really don't think it was my fault because I tested it ever so gently and I definitely didn't rip it up or aggressively, as it was the first time removing the panel and I was extra cautious to learn how to do it... I'm pretty bummed about the rip in the headliner. You think maybe they would covers replacement! I
Mean the edges of the panels are quite sharp if you run your fingers along them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.