Jeep Renegade Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
My 2015 has just started doing the MySky bounce-back. I accidentally fatfingered it shut by pulling/holding the close button. My car has a bad weather strip on the front, might be the cause of it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I've also manually closed mine once stuck open and that seemed to fix the issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Darb1177, i am new here and i have a 2018 jeep renegade altitude. And i have the same issue with my sky panoramic sunroof. (fyi i just bought the vehicle 3 days ago). How did you manually closed the sunroof?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Darb1177, i am new here and i have a 2018 jeep renegade altitude. And i have the same issue with my sky panoramic sunroof. (fyi i just bought the vehicle 3 days ago). How did you manually closed the sunroof?

In the ceiling liner there is a small circular plug. It is in the middle of the back seat straight up. Pop this out and then use the tool in the roadside kit or you can buy a multi tool that has the right size. I'm unsure of the size off the top of my head. I've not had any issues with it after doing this when I made this post originally. Though I would also take this back to the dealer and work that warranty to the very last mile.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Renegade MySky Won't Close

Difficult to find this thread using "Search" or even using Google, so I'm gonna start by throwing in a bunch of search terms.

Renegade MySky My Sky Won't Close Stuck Stopped Working Power Sunroof Broken Reset Re-initialization

Anyways, I was searching online for a way to reset the powered MySky sunroof panel on my 2016 Jeep Renegade after it became stuck in the open position. I Googled and Googled and Googled but came up with nothing. Then a light bulb went off in my head and I started Googling using all the same search terms as before but this time I replaced "Jeep Renegade" with "Fiat 500X". Almost immediately I found the answer!

If yours is stuck open, pull down on the "CLOSE" button and keep pulling it down. Might take 30 seconds or longer of constant pressure but then the panel will start to close 2 or 3 inches at a time. Don't take your finger off the button! Keep pulling down on the button and the MySky will finally close all the way and seat itself. That's it! Reset procedure complete.

And since this is my 1st post (joined the Forum this morning specifically to search for this issue) I might as well throw in a pic. Here's me and my Trailhawk leaving on a 1500-mile trip to Utah to go play on the slickrock ---->

NO PICS ALLOWED

LOL. The forum won't let a new member post pictures. That's pretty funny. What a great rule! I suppose we must protect the forum from whatever nasty picture the new guy was going to post.
:laugh:

Anyway, I hope this post helps somebody somewhere sometime in the future.
You have been a tremendous help!! - quote to repair my sunroof was 2k for parts and 2k for labor - you saved me! I fixed mine by pulling the switch down while driving down the road - the sunroof closed in 4 or 5 stages - inching its' way towards the closed position - I am very very thankful for your post !!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tried holding it down for 30 seconds and it did close. Thought this would reset it but it didn't as it wouldn't close after I opened it again. Had to force close it using muscle. Nothing in the way of the sensor and the rails seem clear, clean and lubricated. Maybe the mysky motor is tired and needs to be replaced. Jeep has 40,000 miles so maybe it's about time but still seems to early. Guess I'll be taking it to the dealer.
(2016 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk)

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Tried holding it down for 30 seconds and it did close. Thought this would reset it but it didn't as it wouldn't close after I opened it again. Had to force close it using muscle. Nothing in the way of the sensor and the rails seem clear, clean and lubricated. Maybe the mysky motor is tired and needs to be replaced. Jeep has 40,000 miles so maybe it's about time but still seems to early. Guess I'll be taking it to the dealer.
Please keep us updated on your dealer visit. If additional assistance is needed, feel free to send us a PM.
Alex
JeepCares

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
W E L C O M E ! ! ! to the forum.

Check the owners manual, there is a small cap in the headliner behind the rear MySky panel. You can place a tool ('L' shape, should be in the vehicle's tool bag) through the headliner and crank the MySky sun roof closed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How did you force it closed? Mine is stuck open as well! I just need to close it but can't. Do you press the button and force it closed at the same time, or just force it closed without pressing the button?

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Renegade, Latitude, 2.4L 4x4, black, 9 speed automatic, MySky
165 Posts
How did you force it closed? Mine is stuck open as well! I just need to close it but can't. Do you press the button and force it closed at the same time, or just force it closed without pressing the button?
Does it move at all? If the system still has power, then it should move about a half inch at a time before stopping (at least from past experience). I’ve gotten mine closed from putting my hand on the panel release handle (MySky version), encouraging it to close, while repeatedly pressing the sunroof close button.

Do NOT try to force it shut, the mechanism is a spinning corkscrew, so forcing it is just destroying the drive system.

Best of luck, I know it’s a real pain in the arse!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Note about my response:

When I said it should move a half inch, I meant half inch total. In reality, it moves further, but detects resistance and activates the anti pinch feature and retracts, but not completely. So say it moves 2 inches forward but 1 1/2 back. It still moved forward 1/2 inch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Note about my response:

When I said it should move a half inch, I meant half inch total. In reality, it moves further, but detects resistance and activates the anti pinch feature and retracts, but not completely. So say it moves 2 inches forward but 1 1/2 back. It still moved forward 1/2 inch.
Sprayed a little wad 40 on the track guides works fine now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you end up going to the dealership and what did they say?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I took it to one dealer and they said it just needed to be lubricated. Next day it stopped working again. To this day it still doesn't work. I just never open it up electronically anymore. It sucks. Found a new dealer which seems trustworthy as they did excellent work on other issues with the car. When I get a chance. But best thing to do is to take it to a dealer and have them replace the motor or something. This seems to be a big issue with this jeep. Also keep holding the sunroof button to the close position for 30 seconds at a time thats how mine eventually closed. I repeated this process like 20 times until it closed.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Did you end up going to the dealership and what did they say?
You can close it electronically with the method @Hugo Tapatio said he used, or you can use the manual method. On the headliner above the middle rear seat is a small cap. Remove it and there’s a port to put your MySky wrench and manually “twist” the mechanism.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts