Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I press the hard NAV button, then select “Where To?” on the screen, select “Address” the “Spell Out Town” button appears. Sometimes when I press it nothing happens, sometime it does, sometimes it takes a very long time for the keyboard to appear. If and when the keyboard appears, a random number of letters are highlighted, sometime none, sometimes all of them sometimes two or three. If there are letters to press, each letter that’s pressed appears in the “spell out town” window, but then disappears. So I’m unable to navigate to an address.

Attempting to navigate to an address using voice recognition also fails with the error “No navigation data available, cancelled”.

If I press the hard NAV button, then select “Where To?” on the screen, select “Town Centre”, no keys are highlighted for 8-10 seconds. Then it takes 8-10 seconds for each letter to be processed as you enter the town name. So this does work, but takes an unacceptable amount of time to do.

Anyone else with the same issue?

Matt

·
Registered
112 Posts
If I press the hard NAV button, then select “Where To?” on the screen, select “Address” the “Spell Out Town” button appears. Sometimes when I press it nothing happens, sometime it does, sometimes it takes a very long time for the keyboard to appear. If and when the keyboard appears, a random number of letters are highlighted, sometime none, sometimes all of them sometimes two or three. If there are letters to press, each letter that’s pressed appears in the “spell out town” window, but then disappears. So I’m unable to navigate to an address.

Attempting to navigate to an address using voice recognition also fails with the error “No navigation data available, cancelled”.

If I press the hard NAV button, then select “Where To?” on the screen, select “Town Centre”, no keys are highlighted for 8-10 seconds. Then it takes 8-10 seconds for each letter to be processed as you enter the town name. So this does work, but takes an unacceptable amount of time to do.

Anyone else with the same issue?

Matt
Matt .. the TomTom nav does take a while to load the maps and will not work until loaded .. so best not to press anything until it's loaded ..

I haven't had the problems you have said so it looks like its back to the dealer for your Reny ... could be a software problem .. good luck..

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Matt .. the TomTom nav does take a while to load the maps and will not work until loaded .. so best not to press anything until it's loaded ..

I haven't had the problems you have said so it looks like its back to the dealer for your Reny ... could be a software problem .. good luck..
Ha Ha Ha Ha - Yeah.. TomTom's been loading since I ordered it, and it's still not loaded (Jeep lies)...

It's going back in tomorrow for the Recall anyway. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
I don't know I got in mine, other that it is by TomTom. Once engine is started, there is a wait of a few seconds until maps are loaded. This isn't an issue, as my Scenic had TomTom and that did the same. Once maps are loaded, no issue in selecting where I want to navigate to. I only have 5.0" screen in mine.

·
Registered
72 Posts

Forgive me, I'm not looking at my GPS so I can't remember the exact sequence, but are you typing in the city, etc before before inputting the address? I've noticed before that if you don't type in the proper, complete location, it will not search correctly, that is why letters and numbers are grayed out. You need to put in all the information, not just go straight to the address.

·
Registered
112 Posts
You can never be sure about bugs in software ... Microsoft windows always as bugs .. they just can't test software for every action .. some bugs don't come out util months or even years later .. they fix one bug and that sometimes makes another .. :laugh:

So unfortunately we the owners have to test them ... I've had no problems so far ( fingers crossed ) but one never knows ...

·
Registered
82 Posts
same here - updated software and then post code would not come up on sat nav.
Then couldn't turn off the radio/sat nav even after locking the car - unlocking - looking at it sternly, nothing.
Pulled off earth lead on battery to reset and all been fine now for a week.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have not updated my software since I purchasing my car back in June last year (Currently running 15.04.31 Uconnect 6.5), I don't have any issues at all except for not receiving traffic info which I was aware of before I purchased the car. With all the issues I have seen on this forum I have no intention upgrading until I see some real benefit such as traffic info, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have not updated my software since I purchasing my car back in June last year (Currently running 15.04.31 Uconnect 6.5), I don't have any issues at all except for not receiving traffic info which I was aware of before I purchased the car. With all the issues I have seen on this forum I have no intention upgrading until I see some real benefit such as traffic info, if it ain't broke don't fix it.
My Reny's TomTom receives traffic updates I updated as soon as I received the car late January ..
My 5" live Uconnect is 5.10.4 ... No problems at all apart from TomTom takes a long time to load maps ..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same happened to mine - factory reset fixed it. (Press "Radio" + "More" + "Enter/Browse" for ten seconds) this gets you into Engineering menu where you can set to factory defaults, after doing this my postcode option re-appeared, and the voice option started to work again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.