Jeep Renegade Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
I've hit 100 mph in mine on TX130 between here and Austin a few times (little if any law enforcement on this toll road lol) I was actually a bit surprised at how stable it was considering its dimensions.

·
Registered
131 Posts
? again I have no idea what that means?
They are not the same so why would they read the same?
All Renegades will exceed 160kph
lets pretend the spedometer is a clock. and lets say 40km/h (25mph) the needle moves to where it would be 7:00 on a clock.

if you go into your digital spedometer you can switch back and forth between MPH or KMH.

BUT, the spedometer itself shouldnt change based on the country of origin. At least thats how they have always been.

Thats why they usually have a tiny 2nd set of markings underneath the KM in miles, for when you go across the border. Almost all cars in Canada have this, Im not sure if american cars bother putting a smaller ring around the spedometer under the miles for KM.

But thats why when you cross the border you'll see speed limit signs with conversions listed like 40kmh=25mph

What were talking about is, if your driving in miles, and then take note that the spedometer marking is at 25, and then you switch to km, and then go down to 25kmh does the needle go to 25 marking?

I highly highly doubt it, and its not not even a big deal. Its just a neat feature if it did... im at work, when i finish and I remember to try, Im going to test it

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
lets pretend the spedometer is a clock. and lets say 40km/h (25mph) the needle moves to where it would be 7:00 on a clock.

if you go into your digital spedometer you can switch back and forth between MPH or KMH.

BUT, the spedometer itself shouldnt change based on the country of origin. At least thats how they have always been.

Thats why they usually have a tiny 2nd set of markings underneath the KM in miles, for when you go across the border. Almost all cars in Canada have this, Im not sure if american cars bother putting a smaller ring around the spedometer under the miles for KM.

But thats why when you cross the border you'll see speed limit signs with conversions listed like 40kmh=25mph

What were talking about is, if your driving in miles, and then take note that the spedometer marking is at 25, and then you switch to km, and then go down to 25kmh does the needle go to 25 marking?

I highly highly doubt it, and its not not even a big deal. Its just a neat feature if it did... im at work, when i finish and I remember to try, Im going to test it

Yeah it wont do that.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I got mine to just over 160 km/hr roughly 100mph yesterday without too much effort, ran out of space on the highway to get any faster.

·
Registered
2017 renegade trailhawk 9 spd auto glacier metallic, preferred package 27E
616 Posts
Ok... so, it never really dawned on me to check out the speedometer's maximum speed. but I looked yesterday and saw that the max indicated is 160 MPH. I had a good laugh at this. Can I keep up with the Hellcat?

Seriously... 160 for this lil 2.4 liter 4-cylender engine.

Aerodynamics aside, I just don't see me ever getting close to pinning the needle on this thing. First off, I typically don't drive anywhere that would allow such reckless abandon with a heavy foot. Secondly, I have concerns about my safety at such speeds in this particular vehicle.

I can verify that it does ride nice and smooth at around 85 mph though. :D
did 110 mph, jeep gets sloppy at that speed and slowed it down, still had 500rpms till red line

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Renegade Limited AWD 2.4L (Former Vehicle)
752 Posts
I've gone about 113mph so far in my 2018 2.4L Latitude doesn't really take much effort sometimes i dont even know im going that fast cause its so smooth im usually going about 80-90 mph on the freeway
did 110 mph, jeep gets sloppy at that speed and slowed it down, still had 500rpms till red line
I could be the slowest driver here....top speed about 55 (very rarely). 😂

Went 145 a couple times in a borrowed Viper. That was intense to say the least! 😁

·
Premium Member
3,123 Posts
I saw somewhere (maybe a YouTube video) where a Renegade driver was just able to get to 120 mph on the Autobahn. It took a long time to get to that speed from 100.
It was mentioned in one of the first posts in this topic about the Diesel engine getting high speed at lower revs.

I backed off at 110MPH with some power still available to try for a bit faster. Perhaps that's the benefit of having a Chip fitted and having a little extra Hp.

100MPH of UK roads is an instant ban for 1 year for speeding in a 70MPH MAX area.

It felt smooth but then again it was on the motorway on an almost flat calm day with no sidewinds to blow me around.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I noticed that the renegade 2.4 9spd trans. Only shifts into 9th gear at 100mph. I got mine to 106mph. Before I caught up to traffic. Smooth as can be at that speed, and actually pretty quiet inside cab

·
Premium Member
3,123 Posts
At 110mph (177kmph) my Renegade Longitude 2.0L diesel 4x4 was also exceptionally quiet.

They make Jeeps a lot quiter than they get credit for.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Tableware Drinkware Dishware Font Serveware

You might provide more information about your Renegade. My 2020 Latitude 2.4L 9spd drops into 9th @ 70mph. You also might want to find the appropriate Thread on the community search engine and introduce yourself.
:cool:

·
Registered
462 Posts
You might provide more information about your Renegade. My 2020 Latitude 2.4L 9spd drops into 9th @ 70mph.
There's an entire thread about 9th gear and how for many it RARELY engages. Even in "manual" at 80mph, if I forced mine into 9th it would steadily drop RPMs with my foot to the floor until I downshifted back into 8th.

·
Registered
147 Posts
There's an entire thread about 9th gear and how for many it RARELY engages. Even in "manual" at 80mph, if I forced mine into 9th it would steadily drop RPMs with my foot to the floor until I downshifted back into 8th.
Yep, I've read that thread. To date I've used "M" very little other than to gauge RPM relative to speed. It's also easy to flick over into "M" and view the "9" to verify the gear. I find it will stay in 9th as long it doesn't encounter a significant incline. 😎

21 - 37 of 37 Posts