Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Super Moderator
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have ko2s with spacers and no lift on stock wheels. I could use a picture or measure of space left between the putter edge of the tread and the fender liner at full lock at front and back of the wheel well.

Trying to make a guess on risk before dropping a few hundred on an experiment.

· Registered
3 Posts
I have KO2s on my 2015 Renegade Trailhawk I kept the OEM wheels, but put on 1" spacers from Renegadeready.com. The KO2s are 225/65/17. They fit PERFECTLY with no rubbing what-so-ever. We have had them on for approximately 6,000 miles with no issues at all. BEWARE, they are noticeably louder than the Goodyears we took off, but the trade was well worth it, in my humble opinion. Here is a link for the spacers, http://www.renegadeready.com/Wheels-Spacers-Locking-Lugs_c_18.html This is the only modification we have made to this truck.

As a side note, I don't know what mileage we were originally getting before adding the spacers and tires because we put them on just after we bought the truck new. But, we are currently, after the first oil change, at 20.5 MPG all around driving on premium fuel only. On a recent 1,500 mile trip, we averaged only slightly better highway mileage at 20.9.

Hope this helps. Sorry, I don't have photos of our baby to share with you, but will try to post some soon. We are very happy with this truck!!

· Registered
3 Posts
Give me about two hours, and I'll have a measurement for you. She's not my daily driver, and I am at work. This might help, though:

We were afraid of these tires being too tall, and therefore rub on either the fender liner, or the strut tower. We used tire charts, and visual size comparison websites, like https://tiresize.com/comparison/ which showed a full .5" taller, and .4" wider. The size comparison also shows a full 1.5" circumference increase. All of this made me nervous about the purchase. I was pleasantly surprised. Once we had the spacers and tires installed, the distance between the top of the tire and the bottom of the spring retainer of the front strut tower was nearly identical to what we had with the OEM 215/65/17 Goodyear Wrangler SR-As that were mounted when she was delivered. NOWHERE CLOSE to half an inch taller. In fact, the distance was so insignificant, we may not have needed the spacers for clearance with these tires, but they sure do make a big visual difference. Possibly their is a slight difference in the dimensions from manufacturer to manufacturer... I believe the clearance you are seeking, from what I have experienced, is actually slightly increased... but, I'll let you know.

· Registered
3 Posts
Apologizies for the delay... I was wrong about the clearance. With the wheels at full stop, there is JUST enough room toward the front end so the tires do not rub on the liners. Another mm more, and they would. The rear of the the tire has plenty of clearance. The clearance for the front strut tower at the top of the tire is approximately 3/4". I have 8,400 miles on the KO2s and 25mm spacers, with absolutely no rubbing issues. Like I said, ours is not a daily driver. We use her for road trips, for hauling our SUPs and surfboards, and to get in and out of areas we know are all sand and mud. She is our adventure mobile - never stuck, never winched. We love the tires and spacers! They look great and work even better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.