Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This light has been an ongoing issue for me for months now. It comes and goes when it feels like it. Does anyone else have these issues with their Renegade?

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Renegade Limited AWD 2.4L
785 Posts
Never happened here. Did you try disconnecting your negative battery cable? Seems to fix every glitch on these things.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Mine was an intermittently loose tweeter wire in front left dash. Eventually caused the message. Since going to all 6 speakers was a pain, while in there, I upgraded speakers and soldered the new pigtails. Problem gone. Great sound from 5” radio.

·
Super Moderator
4,522 Posts
welcomegroup

and enjoy our forum.

Nope never. Dealer time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi - I have that warning light on also. It used to only go on and off once in a while - I always thought it was the XM radio connection but I know longer have XM. The light is on ALL the time and the funny thing is ... the warning says system unavailable, well I listen to it every day ... so obviously it isn't unavailable.... but the left driver side door speaker stopped working so I just balanced my speakers differently (more towards the back of car). I've been on UConnect's website but they claim my 2017 Renegade Connect software is up to date. I've gone to a dealership and they know nothing. Does anyone have any tricks that may get rid of this Audio System Unavailable light ??

·
Registered
3 Posts
This light has been an ongoing issue for me for months now. It comes and goes when it feels like it. Does anyone else have these issues with their Renegade?
I have that warning light on also. It used to only go on and off once in a while - I always thought it was the XM radio connection but I know longer have XM. The light is on ALL the time and the funny thing is ... the warning says system unavailable, well I listen to it every day ... so obviously it isn't unavailable.... but the left driver side door speaker stopped working so I just balanced my speakers differently (more towards the back of car). I've been on UConnect's website but they claim my 2017 Renegade Connect software is up to date. I've gone to a dealership and they know nothing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi - I have that warning light on also. It used to only go on and off once in a while - I always thought it was the XM radio connection but I know longer have XM. The light is on ALL the time and the funny thing is ... the warning says system unavailable, well I listen to it every day ... so obviously it isn't unavailable.... but the left driver side door speaker stopped working so I just balanced my speakers differently (more towards the back of car). I've been on UConnect's website but they claim my 2017 Renegade Connect software is up to date. I've gone to a dealership and they know nothing. Does anyone have any tricks that may get rid of this Audio System Unavailable light ??
I also have a 2017 renegade and have had the same issue off and on for 3 years. There is a technical service bulleti concerning this. Water gets in wiring harness and wiring harness needs replaced.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes and my Renegade is bran new. It's at the dealers now to be fixed. They don't know how to fix it however and they have opened a trouble ticket with Fiat Italy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts