Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 1.4 manual transmission 36k miles.

I got the Torque solutions bov adapter and the Go Fast Bits diverter. First I installed the TS bov by itself and it was working fine nice PSSHH after 3k rpm shifts)
I then swapped that out with the GFB diverter. At first I used it with the big spring installed and it was working good, I did notice a little difference in acceleration, mainly the boggy rpm climbs were gone. Then the check engine light came on, as the direction stated might happen. So I cleared the code, took the big spring off, and then installed it with the TS bov, with longer bolts of course.
Now I am not getting the PSSHH at all. I was told that these could be installed together as long as longer bolts were used. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, I noticed a bit of oil in the turbo housing where the factory diverter plugs up to. Is this normal?
Pics attached. Thanks in advance.
Automotive tire Tire Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Auto part

·
Registered
2017 renegade trailhawk 9 spd auto glacier metallic, preferred package 27E
532 Posts
not knowing the install i believe there should be no oil showing in any kind of install imo i have raced for more years than you can count---oil showing is a problem-- recheck your install gasket improper torque of bolts etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts