Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Depends on you, what you want, and what you are going to do with it. You came to a renegade forum to ask that and also don't give us any information on what you need, live, kids, etc. Get what you want to get, why are you asking?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hello everyone. Im trying to decide if i want to go get a renegade trailhawk or get a wrangler unlimited sport. Please give me thoughts. Thank you.

If you want a "real" Jeep with 72:1 crawl ratio and are going to take it on some nasty trails and don't care about 17mpg on the highway, then get a Wrangler. I love the look of the Wrangler, but it was about $10,000 or more than I wanted to spend. I just got my black on black 2016 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk last Thursday with most of the bells and whistles and absolutely love it. The crawl ration is 20:1 and has 4x4 with 4 low and settings for rock, sand, mud or snow. I don't plan on doing any heavy off road stuff, but would like the ability to do some easy stuff if I needed. Ive gotten 25mpg in the first 300 miles and got 10 mpg with my old truck.

The choice is yours to make. I would love to have both actually. The Renegade Trailhawk has been awesome so far, nice smooth, silky ride.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Twigaman summed it up very nicely. I originally had my heart set on a Wrangler Unlimited but then the Renegade appeared on the scene. The Renegade will be my daily driver and except for the occasional blizzard or muddy side road my driving will be about 98% highway.

I am comforted by the fact that I can take my Renegade to places other vehicles would fear to tread yet not give up comfort and economy. Maybe I won't look like a badass going down the road but I can live with it, especially when I stop to fuel up :)

Good luck with your choice!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I do not believe the renegade trailhawk is a rock crawler. It is probably more designed for mud and snow conditions like we get here in Europe.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you look at the YouTube comparisons for the Jeeps you can see what they are capable of even one with TH against the Wrangler. Wrangler of course is better overall but the TH is pretty impressive. I just received my 2016 TH last week and can't wait to try it off road and the snow we get here up in Winnipeg. Bring on the snow!

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you want something to really go off roading go for the wrangler, if your looking to zoom around and just have the jeep name and sometimes drive to deer camp get the renegade. Big gas mileage differences and in my opinion they are night and day different so they really don't compare.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.