Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I are wanting to buy a Renegade Trailhawk 4x4 with back up camera. We can put down $13,000 and have great credit. This is our first time buying a new car. There is one at a local dealer that is a 2015 trailhawk that they want $25,000 for. It ends up being about $26700 after taxes and fees. They won't budge on price more then $200 because they said they will be losing money on it and let us walk away. This seems strange to me that they won't negotiate any less. Is this deal really that great? There are some 2016 Trailhawk Renegades about 300 miles from where I live that are listed for $22,000-$25000 online so it doesn't make any sense to me that they can't come down lower on a 2015. What should I do? Thanks!

·
Registered
89 Posts
My husband and I are wanting to buy a Renegade Trailhawk 4x4 with back up camera. We can put down $13,000 and have great credit. This is our first time buying a new car. There is one at a local dealer that is a 2015 trailhawk that they want $25,000 for. It ends up being about $26700 after taxes and fees. They won't budge on price more then $200 because they said they will be losing money on it and let us walk away. This seems strange to me that they won't negotiate any less. Is this deal really that great? There are some 2016 Trailhawk Renegades about 300 miles from where I live that are listed for $22,000-$25000 online so it doesn't make any sense to me that they can't come down lower on a 2015. What should I do? Thanks!
I paid $25,000 for my Latitude FWD, so it seems getting a TH for that price is a good deal. I wouldn't doubt it if they are telling you the truth about losing money on it if they go any lower, and it's a 2015 it's probably been on their lot for a while and they're selling it for what they bought it for.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My 2015 Latitude 4x4 will come out to 26k after taxes and all (I livein NY). paying for a TH at that price is GREAT, considering the ones near me are going for almost 30k.

I wonder why you see them listed as cheaper. They could be used? I would check with the cheaper ones first and see why they are for that price because that is almost crazy cheap. They could list it as that just to have you come in and bam! it is more. Good tactic I suppose. As for them telling you they will be losing money, it is true. They do not profit much on new cars (2015-2016).

Check this link out for more info

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the quick replies! I think we may go buy that 2015 today. from what you guys are saying it does seem like a good deal. they were also throwing in a 50in tv on top of that. I was thinking that those prices for the 2016s online seemed too good to be true also they must throw on a bunch of fees once your there.

·
Registered
377 Posts
For reference, in March 2015, I paid around $24,800 for my TH before taxes and fees ($150, I think). This is pretty close to what they would be asking from you after taxes and fees, depending on what state you live in. This was for a vehicle that my dealership did not put any time into listing, marketing, or photographing. Obviously, the time the car spends on the lot comes at a cost to the dealership, detailing it and insuring it among all cars that sit before being sold. They might have some skin in the game that needs to be accounted for too.

If the price still seems a little high for you, you might fish around to see if there are any incentives that are out there. Mention something about receiving a mailer and have them search your address for targeted offers.

My previous address was listed to receive $1000 rebate that I didn't know about when I purchased and couldn't take advantage of because I didn't ask for it. Have them search under your spouse or family's names and addresses too.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Thanks for the quick replies! I think we may go buy that 2015 today. from what you guys are saying it does seem like a good deal. they were also throwing in a 50in tv on top of that. I was thinking that those prices for the 2016s online seemed too good to be true also they must throw on a bunch of fees once your there.
The TV factor is pretty sweet. If you don't need it, you could get a couple hundred bucks from that on craigslist.

Even with the TV, press them a little on price. If you look around, you'll find the cost worksheets for the TH that detail what the dealer invoice price is. Check with your employers and see if you qualify for some special deals through work. I'm a teacher and my school district has a deal with one dealership that nets 1% below invoice that I challenged another dealership to match and beat.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Every Trailhawk in Iowa, that I have seen at a dealer, is going for 27,000-33,000.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I got the internet price as well as 1.49% financing on my 2016 Latitude 4x4. Of course they add back the taxes and destination. When compared to TrueCar it seemed like I got a good deal. They also through in the two years free oil changes as a Christmas special. It has the cold weather package, 6 speed manual, and spare tire. No MySky.

Internet Price: $21,781.

That seems like a good deal on the TrailHawk.

Blazer514

·
Registered
519 Posts
Dealers can do all sorts of things with the numbers to get the vehicle sold. I purchased a 2016 TH about a month ago. They did not budge much on the TH ticket price but they bumped up what they give me on trade, plus they gave me a Costco membership discount, a city government discount, a bunch of little discounts that added up to what I was willing to get out of there with. They also threw in free maintenance for 1 year but the Renegade scheduled services are pretty spread out so there is not much value there. Remember you have the power, walk if you think you can do better, work with several dealers in the area and play them off on each other. The Dealers end up hating you for it but I say " Hate the game not the Player". Don't think Dealers feel bad when they get one over on you!! The dealership sales department was not bad but the service department sucks. Read dealership reviews.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I got the internet price as well as 1.49% financing on my 2016 Latitude 4x4. Of course they add back the taxes and destination. When compared to TrueCar it seemed like I got a good deal. They also through in the two years free oil changes as a Christmas special. It has the cold weather package, 6 speed manual, and spare tire. No MySky.

Blazer - you got a great deal! We bought the same car, except mine came with the powered MySky and Beats (no great value there). I shopped around A LOT in my area, and $23,400 was the best I could find on the Latitude.

And you got a great APR. Nice work!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Blazer - you got a great deal! We bought the same car, except mine came with the powered MySky and Beats (no great value there). I shopped around A LOT in my area, and $23,400 was the best I could find on the Latitude.

And you got a great APR. Nice work!

Most Jeep Dealerships are offering a 0% 60month right now if you qualify. They don't really advertise this. That's what I got a month ago.

·
Registered
21 Posts
After reading this post I feel pretty good about what I paid for my 2015 Trail Hawk that I bought a few days ago. At first they said 28,000 I offered 25,000 they came back with 26,000 and I bought it. There was not allot of optional equipment on it and that can make a big difference in price.

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts

That seems like a good deal on the TrailHawk.

Blazer514
This month, I got my 2015 Trailhawk for right around 26,500- came out to 28,000 with taxes, license and plates and 0% financing. Absolutely NO dealer or Chrsyler incentives on the Trailhawk when I bought.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I purchased a 2016 TH with the passive entry and remote start for 27,300 out the door. Not a great deal but they gave me 3k more for my trade then I was expecting just to get the numbers where I wanted them. Plus 0% financing for 60 months. I still have to pay registration and tags. Which I think will be around 300.00

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.