Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First started up the air and plastics bits shot out everywhere. Then the mpg were 11. Now up to 13 mpg. Is my car broken 13 mpg. Im Not aggressive drive. The 11 mpg scared me. So I took it real easy on it and 13 mpg is the best I can get. Why does the car make lots of popping sounds cooling down. Sounds like bubbling oil in some where. Transmission or engine. This is my second day with the car. So I no idea what's normal...

·
Registered
283 Posts
First started up the air and plastics bits shot out everywhere. Then the mpg were 11. Now up to 13 mpg. Is my car broken 13 mpg. Im Not aggressive drive. The 11 mpg scared me. So I took it real easy on it and 13 mpg is the best I can get. Why does the car make lots of popping sounds cooling down. Sounds like bubbling oil in some where. Transmission or engine. This is my second day with the car. So I no idea what's normal...
As for the plastic bits? That is unusual. MPG? You only have had the car for two days. Mileage will get better during/after break-in. My all around mileage is nothing great, but on the highway, I get about 32.5 MPG. The popping sound is the sound of the new exhaust and heat shields expanding and contracting as the pieces get hot and cool down. NOTE: MAKE SURE YOU CHECK YOUR OIL! Check it regularly and often especially when new.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts