Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO today I call Jeep Cares to check on the Status of my new Trailhawk! FUN...
They tell me I have a VIN now on my 2015 Renegade Trailhawk, Detonator Yellow! I thought I ordered a Solar Yellow. LOL Has anyone heard the Solar Yellow called Detonator Yellow? Anyway, expected delivery October 25th. EXCITED

·
Registered
114 Posts
Solar Yellow and Detonator Yellow are two different shades of yellow. Solar yellow is lighter, brighter shade, like a lemon. Detonator Yellow is richer, more saturated, almost like there's a hint of orange in it. You should Google those colors because they were both used on Wranglers at one point or another. Both are great colors.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Solar Yellow and Detonator Yellow are two different shades of yellow. Solar yellow is lighter, brighter shade, like a lemon. Detonator Yellow is richer, more saturated, almost like there's a hint of orange in it. You should Google those colors because they were both used on Wranglers at one point or another. Both are great colors.
I ordered the Solar Yellow. I want the very bright yellow not the orangy yellow. Where the heck did Jeep Cares get this come from? There is no detonator color option for a 2015 trailhawk

·
Registered
129 Posts
They are no longer making 2015. They changed a bunch of first year colors including the commando green this is highly possible.... Why don't u cancel ur order and find a yellow one. There were plenty in the central Texas area.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I ordered the Solar Yellow. I want the very bright yellow not the orangy yellow. Where the heck did Jeep Cares get this come from? There is no detonator color option for a 2015 trailhawk
Sounds like you are getting a 2016. New model year cut-off generally happen in the fall and production begin months ahead.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Same thing happened to me, only with the Sierra Blue

I had the same thing happen to me with the Sierra Blue. I ordered a 2016 Sierra Blue Trailhawk 2 weeks ago. I happened to be on the forums today, and seen where the color was discontinued for 2016, so I was wondering how the heck I managed to order one. I called the dealer today and had them double check my paint code, and sure enough they had changed it to Jetsetter Blue, which is a dark navy color. Nothing like the Sierra Blue I requested when I placed my order. All I had on my paperwork was a paint code, not a name, so if I hadn't have caught it, I would have gotten a real surprise when I went to pick it up in a few months.
The dealership was supposed to try to get my order changed to Anvil today, since my order was still in the pre-production stage. If not they are going to have to cancel that one, and re-order in Anvil. I'll find out early next week, which way it went. They were in the dark, as much as I was, about Jeep dropping some colors for the new model year. Apparently the system is made to just pop in the closest new color they have and hope no one notices.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They are no longer making 2015. They changed a bunch of first year colors including the commando green this is highly possible.... Why don't u cancel ur order and find a yellow one. There were plenty in the central Texas area.
THe closest one I have found with everything available in the Trailhawk is 968 miles from me. Nothing here in Texas that is what I want

·
Registered
129 Posts
THe closest one I have found with everything available in the Trailhawk is 968 miles from me. Nothing here in Texas that is what I want

2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk Exterior Color: Solar Yellow $30,991.00
VIN: ZACCJBCTXFPC05534 Interior Color: Black
Stock #: 5RG3739 Engine: 4 Cyl
Miles: 0 Transmission: Automatic

Shagufta Khan, Internet Sales Manager
Meador Dodge Chrysler Jeep
[email protected]
817.547.9835 - Direct Line

She was a bunch of help finding mine locAted in dallas tx

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk Exterior Color: Solar Yellow $30,991.00
VIN: ZACCJBCTXFPC05534 Interior Color: Black
Stock #: 5RG3739 Engine: 4 Cyl
Miles: 0 Transmission: Automatic

Shagufta Khan, Internet Sales Manager
Meador Dodge Chrysler Jeep
[email protected]
817.547.9835 - Direct Line

She was a bunch of help finding mine locAted in dallas tx
already sold :( Plus, No My Sky! None within 900+ miles have everything

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.