Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Since the first one has landed here in Northeast Connecticut, I've become a huge fan of it and decided to sign up to help potential and future owners of the vehicle. I should be able to check the forums at least once a day for updates, etc.

Seems like we're all waiting in anticipation for MySky - Not sure when we'll see it as of yet.

Glad to be part of the forum. :)

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Welcome PutnamJeep, always good to see a dealer join the forum. Can you please confirm for all the forum members the real story on custom orders in the U.S.

Some say, the story for now is the dealers just pull whatever is at the port.

Others say they already have a custom order.

Still, some dealers say, no it will never happen for the Renegade.

Can you please see if you can get the real story, even if we have to wait, 3, 6 or even 12 months for a custom order, will it ever even be possible?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome PutnamJeep, always good to see a dealer join the forum. Can you please confirm for all the forum members the real story on custom orders in the U.S.

Some say, the story for now is the dealers just pull whatever is at the port.

Others say they already have a custom order.

Still, some dealers say, no it will never happen for the Renegade.

Can you please see if you can get the real story, even if we have to wait, 3, 6 or even 12 months for a custom order, will it ever even be possible?
I just had a customer yesterday that wanted to factory order a Renegade since she wanted the MySky - Sadly to my and her dismay I was informed that they're not taking or allowing any sort of Factory order since they're being built overseas. They claim due to the uncertainty of what's going to be more popular, they're going to build them and give the dealers the ability to pick from what has already been built. If they were made in the US like the other Jeeps, we'd have the ability to Factory order all day long. The Renegades and the ProMaster City are the only 2 models that do not have the same ordering system compared to the rest of the products.

They're hoping to move over to a building system similar to Hyundai and Kia (one vehicle with 2-3 "packages" to choose from). I can't factory order anything from Kia, either. They give us a list of what's built and available for allocation at port. From there we put in what we'd like and most of the time we get our picks.

Originally they allowed us to "order" some Renegades but it seems like it was just from what will be available at Port, and then once more are on the ground here in the NE (and all over the US) - We'll have the ability to swap with other dealers.

If they have plans on it being built in the US, I have no idea - we're always the last to know. However as of right now, we're at the mercy of the plant and what they decide to build. If they see a trend in what's being sold, I'm sure it'll cause an upsurge in those particular models, trim levels and packages.

welcome to the boards, always nice to have a few 'connected' individuals on the boards
;)

·
Registered
157 Posts
I just had a customer yesterday that wanted to factory order a Renegade since she wanted the MySky - Sadly to my and her dismay I was informed that they're not taking or allowing any sort of Factory order since they're being built overseas. They claim due to the uncertainty of what's going to be more popular, they're going to build them and give the dealers the ability to pick from what has already been built. If they were made in the US like the other Jeeps, we'd have the ability to Factory order all day long. The Renegades and the ProMaster City are the only 2 models that do not have the same ordering system compared to the rest of the products.

They're hoping to move over to a building system similar to Hyundai and Kia (one vehicle with 2-3 "packages" to choose from). I can't factory order anything from Kia, either. They give us a list of what's built and available for allocation at port. From there we put in what we'd like and most of the time we get our picks.

Originally they allowed us to "order" some Renegades but it seems like it was just from what will be available at Port, and then once more are on the ground here in the NE (and all over the US) - We'll have the ability to swap with other dealers.

If they have plans on it being built in the US, I have no idea - we're always the last to know. However as of right now, we're at the mercy of the plant and what they decide to build. If they see a trend in what's being sold, I'm sure it'll cause an upsurge in those particular models, trim levels and packages.

;)
Well that sucks :(

So other ppl here that have ordered what they think is a custom order ( and the dealer is allowing them to think so ) is just an "I want list" and the dealer (to hold on to the customer) is just checking the port to see if something close comes in. That's why NO FIRM Delivery dates.

This is the biggest news on the forum to date.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is also the possibility that the customer could have wanted something that is already in port and things just matched up. It happens more often than not.

Whether or not they could have ordered in the early stages, I have no way of knowing, I just know we couldn't do a "sold" factory order or submit an order like we could with any other Chrysler product.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
. . . I was informed that they're not taking or allowing any sort of Factory order . . . they're going to build them and give the dealers the ability to pick from what has already been built. . .
That's exactly what my salesman told me last night. He said the Fiat's are like that too.

For me, it will be a compromise or a long wait until something shows up configured the way I'd like. Bummer. :(

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
That is the best way for them to go about it on their side of things, get vehicles produced and moved faster, they'll lose some customers in the process but in the end it probably won't be anything near what will concern them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.